Whistle

{{I can't resist the triple update. What is wrong with me. Submit last minute requests for the wedding playlist here>>
If I don't get them all or I forget one I'm sorry!}}

Phoebe grimaces when a sudden force lands on her, stirring her awake.

"Fucking hell," The Veela moans, rolling over onto her side. She settles back into her pillows, sleep still beckoning her mind.

But then something terrible sounds in her ear. Something horrid that she hadn't heard in some time.

A bloody train whistle.

Phoebe screams, jumping out of the bed and running right into Marlene and Alice. They all fall to the floor, Phoebe scowling while her friends laugh hysterically, Marlene practically howling as tears stream down her face. Alice waves a whistle around, taunting her.

"You both fucking suck!" Phoebe cries, shoving them as she climbs to her feet. Alice wheezes as Marlene chokes on more laughter. Phoebe's lips twitch and she rolls her eyes, merely stepping over them to walk down the multiple flights of stairs. She needed tea after that wake up call.

When she rounds the corner and walks into the kitchen she grins, two young boys with orange hair crashing into her knees.

"Bonjour, Bill. Bonjour, Charlie." She says warmly, gently ruffling their hair. She laughs when they hurriedly say, "Bonjour, Pheebs!" Then they take off, giggling and shrieking as Gideon and Fabian round the corner, their arms outstretched to catch the boys.

"Morning, Griffin," Fabian says over his shoulder, chasing after Charlie. Gideon stops short, pecking the Veela's cheek and winking before scurrying after Bill.

Her body feels warm when she sees Lily and Molly and Arthur chatting in the kitchen. Arthur notices her first, wordlessly sliding a cup of tea down the counter towards her. She smiles gratefully at him, hiding her laughter behind her cup when he flushes a faint shade of pink. Molly looks up and says excitedly, "Oh good! You're awake!"

"Yes, Marlene and Alice saw to that," Phoebe replies, rolling her eyes when Lily lets out a snort of laughter. Molly smiles and shakes her head, looking very much like a tired parent. Likely because she hadn't gotten a wink of rest since Bill was born.

Lily grins and pipes up, saying playfully, "You must be good in bed, Pheebs. You've turned Potter into a bloody fool."

Phoebe quirks a brow at her, her heart fluttering when Lily extends a note. The Veela snatches it up like it will disappear, eyes greedily raking in the familiar scratchy writing,

Tu es l'amour de ma vie.
Keep breathing, Griffin. I'll see you soon.
Always,
Potter

Phoebe presses one of her hands to her cheeks, blushing even further at how warm they were. She looks up when Lily sets down a brown package in front of her. When Phoebe opens it she can't help but laugh. She raises a sugar quill to her lips, taking a sample bite. Still sweet. Though now it's even better. She grins happily, earning laughter from Molly and Arthur. Lily smiles and says, "Come on, Phoebe. Let's start on your hair."

Phoebe can't wipe the joy from her face, following Lily back up the stairs to the room where she'd slept. Phoebe laughs when she enters, shaking her head at the wonder of Alice. There was a full length mirror now, a vanity where she could sit, and her dress hung beautifully in the corner. All in the span of the time she'd left, they'd turned the room into a spa. And Phoebe couldn't help it, she felt like a bride.

She smirks to herself at the big curlers in Marlene's hair, traditional Scottish tunes coming from the mouth of loud witch.