Tease

Phoebe sits next to James on the sofa, a gap between them that seems miles long to him.

Her eyes are  on Remus, listening to him talk about his Christmas. James suspects that she's emitting a certain amount of her magic, because he finds his eyes glued to her. She leans forward and delicately grasps her cup of tea, her jumper sliding up the slightest bit to reveal a sliver of smooth skin on her back.

He shifts in his seat, nearly letting out a groan at the appearance of her tempting bare skin. Sirius notices and elbows him in the side, whispering quickly, "Mate, you're just going to piss her off more. You're practically drooling."

James replies lowly, eyes flickering to the perfect hollow at the base of her throat, "I can't help it. She's sexy when she's mad."

Phoebe unintentionally hears his last statement and blushes slightly, her stoic facade breaking a little. Her lips twitch and she asks Remus, "Would you like something to eat? We have pastries."

"Sure! Let me help you."

They both go to stand, mischievousness glinting in their eyes. James quickly blurts out,

"I've got it! I'll help her. Sit, Moony."

Phoebe raises a brow at his outburst but shrugs, plastering her indifferent face back on and walking to the kitchen. James huffs and quickly follows after her.

Remus and Sirius lock eyes, matching grins on their faces.

"They drive each other crazy," Remus chuckles, sipping his tea. Sirius nods and laughs, "They're in love. Love makes people crazy."

Phoebe occupies herself with grabbing the pastries from the fridge and a plate from the cupboard, taking care to place them on it gently. James stands on the opposite side, leaning back against the counter with his eyes firmly planted on her backside. He pulls his lip between his teeth, sighing when she bends down to grab napkins and graces him with a uninhibited view of her perky bum in her well fitting jeans.

"Fuck," He whistles under his breath, moving from his position. Phoebe jumps and lets out a noise of surprise when familiar large hands slide into the back pockets of her trousers.

"Hey," She grumbles, turning around quickly. James leaves his hands planted where they are and says quietly, "I'm sorry. I'm not trying to control you, I just want you to be safe."

Phoebe hesitates, her heart clenching at his words. Control. That's what she feared. She'd been under someone's control for far too long. But he didn't want to to that to her. She softens slightly, muttering, "It's fine. Let's just move past it."

"You're still upset."

"I'm upset for a lot of reasons. I wish you and Sirius would have more faith in me."

James furrows his brow and leans his forehead against hers. He stares deep into her eyes and sees his error. She thinks that he believes she's weak.

"Merlin, Phoebe," He chuckles. "I do have faith in you. You're the smartest person I know. That doesn't mean I'm not scared for you though. And Sirius feels the same way."

He hesitates before saying firmly, "I promise I won't keep you from talking to him, if you promise that you'll quit teasing me."

"Teasing you?" She asks innocently, smiling at his promise.

"Yes, you nymph. I could've sworn you were using your charm. I nearly flooded my basement watching you drink tea."

She gasps at his wording and slaps her hand over his mouth, "James Fleamont Potter! Do not say that ever again!"

He chuckles around her hand and stares deep into her grey eyes, nipping at the soft skin of her palm. She scoffs and tries to pull away, flushing slightly at the action. He squeezes her bum and pulls her in even closer, sliding his nose and lips down the side of her face and breathing in deeply.

"Are you smelling me?"

"Shut up, Griffin."

Phoebe laughs softly, freezing when his lips press against her throat. James moans, finally tasting and worshiping the dip in between her collar bones that had been teasing him. Her eyes flutter shut and she whispers, "James, our friends are in the other room."

"Want me to tell them to sod off?" James asks huskily, his hands reluctantly leaving her pockets to slide up under her jumper and shirt. He runs his knuckles up the length of her spine, teasing the clasp of her bra.

Phoebe leans into his warm hands, her head tilting to the side to give him more room. He smirks at her unspoken encouragement and presses a few lingering kisses up the side of her neck. His eyes nearly cross at the breathy sigh that escapes her slightly parted lips. He brings one hand up to cup her jaw, gently tilting her head back towards him. Phoebe blinks her eyes open, staring up at him with pupils blow wide with lust. James groans deeply,

"Do not look at me like that. Not if you don't want me to fuck you on that counter."

Phoebe bites her lip harshly, a tingle running up her spine at his filthy words. Usually she would scold him, but his sinful promise goes straight to her core.

James continues before she can speak, mumbling against her lips as he brushes his over hers, "Bloody hell. You have to be charming me, love. I can't even fucking think straight."

Phoebe can't stop the whine that escapes her throat, her thighs clenching at the primal look in his eyes at her sound of neediness. She wants more, but hearty laughing in the other room reminds her of their current situation. They had company. She presses her lips to his once, firm and chaste and far too quick for their liking.

"Later," She promises, her heart thumping wildly against her chest. James sighs grumpily and backs away.

"Later," He agrees, standing still and staring at her. He grins when her lips twitch into a smile and she laughs,

"Go on! Get away from me, you git."

"Fine! But quit being so sexy. I can't stand it," He teases, disappearing first to head back to the living room. He grins and settles down in his spot on the couch next to his smiling friends.

Phoebe is still in the kitchen, making noise, so James turns to Sirius and Remus and says sincerely,

"I'm going to marry that girl."