Halloween

James recovered quickly. In fact, the boy recovered so quickly that he was back in quidditch practice and class a mere day and a half later. Instead of slowing him down, his injury only increased his trouble causing nature.

Phoebe sighs as she sits in class, muttering curses as she tries desperately to pull her textbook open. The boys recovery unfortunately coincided with Halloween, meaning that he and the other marauders were wreaking havoc on all of Hogwarts. Especially Phoebe. They'd changed her hair color twice, charmed her shoes to stick to the floor, and even made fireworks go off early in the morning to force her to go to their quidditch practice. The textbook being charmed shut nearly pushed her over the edge, especially when she glances over her shoulder to see Remus, Peter, Sirius and James all snickering in her direction.

She narrows her eyes, spitting out in French, "Putain de merde. Je te tuerai."

Sirius pales slightly at her tone, elbowing James harshly to shut him off. Phoebe hears him whispering to Sirius, likely asking what she's just said. She goes to tell them off in English when she hears Professor Slughorn say loudly,

"Miss Griffin. Would you care to share what you've just said to Mr. Black?"

Phoebe whirls around to face the plump older man, saying quickly,

"Sorry, Professor. Sirius was just asking me a question about the assignment."

Her blood boils when Sirius pipes up, "Actually, Phoebe was saying foul things to me, Professor. Things I care not to repeat."

Phoebe sneers at Sirius, saying coldly, "Connard!"

Sirius gasps dramatically at her words, looking to Slughorn for help while the other marauders snicker. Marlene tries to soothe Phoebe, saying quietly, "Let it go, Phoebe. We can get them back later."

Phoebe scowls at James, quickly shutting him up. Professor Slughorn stutters, "10 points from Gryffindor for the disruption! Any more and you're looking at detention, Miss Griffin."

Phoebe smirks, a lightbulb going off in her mind. She turns to the teacher and smiles dreamily, saying softly, "Sorry, Professor. It won't happen again."

Slughorn stares at her blankly for a moment before blinking rapidly, a confused and rather ugly smile appearing on his face at her charm. Just as he goes to speak again, the bell tolls signifying the end of class. Marlene and Phoebe gather their things, Phoebe turning her nose up and stalking out of the classroom. Her hair whips in James' face as she passes and a goofy smile graces his lips.

"Merlin, she's pretty," He sighs. Sirius scoffs and swats the back of his head saying, "Cmon!"

The marauders hurry after the girls, Marlene sending them a smirk as they catch up. She knew how stubborn her friend could be and was looking forward to the lads kissing her ass to get her to forgive them. Sirius groans and says, "Don't look at me like that, McKinnon. Come on, Pheebs! It's Halloween."

Phoebe doesn't say anything, just keeps walking. Remus, looking much better emotionally and physically since James' rebounded health says cheekily, "Did we charm her mouth shut? I've forgotten how much we've done."

Peter, nervous around the girl when she's angry says quietly, "I'm sorry, Phoebe."

She stops dead in her tracks and turns to the short boy. He's practically shaking in his shoes when she looks at him, preparing for her wrath. He's taken aback by her friendly smile.

"Thank you, Peter," She says kindly, bending down and pecking his cheek awfully close to his lips. Marlene guffaws as James' jaw goes slack.

"Oi!!" He cries, smacking a furiously blushing Peter in the arm. The boy doesn't flinch, just stares at Phoebe dazedly. She sends a withering look to James and then continues on, Marlene glued to her side while she tries not to fall over from laughter.

Remus and Sirius snicker as James hurriedly stalks after her, throwing an arm over her shoulder. Phoebe shrugs it off and James sighs,

"Bee, please."

Phoebe doesn't even look, her face stony and unreadable as they continue on.

"I swear that's it! No more pranks!" James says quickly. "And I'm willing to overlook you kissing wormtail if you forgive me right now."

Marlene looks over the blonde's head, eyeing James like he has a second head.

"You're asking for it, Prongs!" Sirius pipes up from behind. James furrows his brow and feels the slightest twinge of panic. Maybe this means he's pushed to far, done irreversible damage. What if she no longer liked him?

"Want me to beat up Sirius?" James offers, grinning when the veela's stony facade breaks slightly. She ponders the offer, deciding that Sirius is really the reason she had to turn on her charm for Slughorn.

"No," She says finally, still not looking at him.

"Want a kiss?"

"No."

"Want a shag?"

"Shut up!" She cries, finally turning to look at him with an exasperated look on her face. James zeros in on her lips, noticing them twitching the tiniest bit. She was trying not to smile.

James grins and steals a kiss, smirking at her gasp of surprise.

"Lâchez-moi!" She cries irritably, elbowing him in the side as Marlene and the rest of the marauders laugh.

"Sirius, translation please!"

"She says kiss me again!"

Phoebe glares daggers at her best friend before quipping, "I said get off of me, Potter."

James bends down and whispers in her ear, "Merlin you're sexy when you are angry."

Phoebe scowls and shoves him Hard enough to make him trip over his own feet, despite her small frame. Phoebe smirks as he balks at her, stepping over him with Marlene following, the Scottish witch turning to point and laugh as the boys help James up to his feet.

James feels a spark of happiness and excitement, always riled up by the blonde and her attitude he only gets a glimpse of when he's pissed her off.

"Just wait till she sees the feast," Peter snorts, shaking his head and smiling with his friends at the obviously love struck lad.