Mia

It took a few days for James and Phoebe to be able to be in the same room again.

He watched her whenever she wasn't looking, making sure that she took it easy and didn't reopen the wound that now permanently marked her body.

And she watched him, even when he was looking. Because she didn't care, her eyes and heart and soul needed to see James Potter. Even if it made him uncomfortable or nervous. His tip toeing around her was truly an added bonus.

She and Remus sat quietly in the library of Grimmauld place together, the rain outside making gentle pattering noises that made it rather difficult for her to focus. She'd been sleeping here most nights, too tired to floo to her mother's cottage just outside of London.

James had been staying at his parents house, probably to avoid her staring she thought. The girls came to visit frequently, even Molly Weasley was coming more now. Phoebe had yet to meet her husband Arthur, the culprit for the growing baby in Molly's belly. It unnerved Phoebe, seeing a growing mother. Phoebe thought she was insane, already having three kids with another on the way. Molly was lovely, but she was a reminder of Phoebe's uncomfortable nature with parents thanks to her upbringing.

As if the ginger knew Phoebe's thoughts had drifted to her, she pokes her head into the library and speaks nervously,

"So sorry, dears. There's a woman here that says she'd like to see Phoebe. Her name is Mia."

Phoebe's book falls from her hands and she sits upright, glancing at Remus in horror.

"Oh no," She whispers. Molly sees the look on her face and says hurriedly,

"I reckon I can tell her you aren't here. She says she's a friend of the order though. I'd hate to be rude."

Remus quirks a brow at Phoebe over his book, saying chidingly,

"You have to face the music at some point, Pheebs."

The Veela scowls and stands, saying pointedly to Molly,

"Tell your brother he needs to dump this git."

Molly smiles sympathetically and teases, "Sorry, Phoebe. I quite like Remus."

The werewolf flushes at the compliment and smiles bashfully at the sister of his boyfriend, quickly returning his gaze to his book.

Phoebe rolls her eyes, mumbling quietly,

"Traitors. The whole lot of you."

She walks to the doorway and down the hall, hovering at the stairs. She was very nervous. She hadn't seen Mia since the end of the term at Hogwarts. When she and James were still together.

Molly pipes up from next to the Veela, saying optimistically, "Maybe she's come to just make sure you're okay."

Phoebe smiles faintly and nods, slowly making her way down the stairs. She peers down the hallway and sees Mia Potter just inside the front door, looking around Grimmauld place with a look of horror on her face.

"It's bloody awful, isn't it?"

The older witch perks up, lifting her head and smiling widely as Phoebe makes her way to her. Tears well in her eyes and she whispers,