Bride

Perfect.

Phoebe Griffin, felt perfect.

She'd never been the girl to envision her wedding day. If she'd been forced to consider it as a child, she had to reckon with the fact that her mother would likely choose her husband, only so that she could carry on their pure bloodline. Funny how similar it was to people that hated her, people that she was forced to fight. She was no member of the sacred 28, but her blood and her family made her feel like one in a different sort of way.

She smiles at herself in the mirror, the tall one brought down to the kitchen for final touches as the girls raced around. Phoebe had insisted they all pick out their own dresses, each of them looking stunning in different cuts of fabric in plum and lavender and mauve. They looked perfect too.

Lily comes up to stand next to Phoebe, her copper hair waved beautifully to one side. She smiles and says gently, "Sirius is ready for you."

Phoebe grins and clasps her hands together, nodding excitedly. She reaches up with her right hand to make sure the pearls around her neck are still straight against the ivory satin, the ring Sirius gifted her glinting in the light. Lily winks at her, she and Marlene and Alice hurrying to wait in the other room.

Phoebe turns away from the mirror, carefully facing the door as it slowly creaks open.

"Are you about d—"

Sirius words fall short, his jaw dropping as he takes in the sight of his best friend. His sister. She's practically glowing, pure and happy in her white dress. Phoebe smiles shyly, saying cheekily, "Sorry for making you wait."

Something happens then that she wasn't prepared for. Hadn't even considered happening.

Sirius begins to cry.

Phoebe's eyes grow wide at the sight of his large tears, quickly stepping forward to wrap her arms around him in an embrace. His shoulders shake as he weeps silently, reaching up behind her to wipe away his tears so he doesn't ruin anything. She looked stunning, and so overjoyed. He couldn't remember a time where Phoebe Griffin had ever looked so content.

He pulls back, sniffling as he says tearfully, "Look at you, Phoebe. You're stunning."

The Veela smiles, cheeks pinking as she reluctantly admits, "I do feel rather pretty. I don't know that I ever expected to get married. I certainly didn't expect to feel pretty."

Sirius chokes out a throaty laugh, his heart swelling when her hands cup his cheeks so she can wipe away his tears with her thumbs. He grins and chuckles, "James is going to go bonkers."

"Really?" She asks nervously, smoothing her hands down the front of her dress. "It's not too simple? I reckon he'll like the back."

"It's perfect, Phoebe. You guys are perfect."

Phoebe smiles bashfully, her grey eyes glancing away from him as she whispers, "I keep waiting to wake up. This feels like a dream."

Sirius laughs again, his tears drying as he teases, "It's real, love."

Her eyes meet his, so alike in color and held emotion. She dusts off the lapels of his dress robes, asking quietly, "Is it terrible that I wish my mum could see?"

Sirius grabs her hands and shakes his head, brow furrowing as he replies gently, "Of course not, Pheebs. Her intentions were always pure, for you to be the best you possible. She just didn't realize that her actions were misguided."

Phoebe nods, eyes welling with tears. She holds them in. If she ruined her makeup the girls would go mad. She clears her throat and mumbles, "I wish Mia and Monty were here."

Sirius smiles and squeezes her hands, whispering, "I'm sure they've got the best seats in the bloody place."

Phoebe laughs, nodding her head in agreement. She slides her hand to the crook of his arm, her sadness at the people lost replaced with unbridled joy for the future.

Her future with James.

"Are you ready for this?" Sirius asks, his lips quirked in a crooked grin. Phoebe nods, playfully poking his side as she retorts, "Of course I'm ready. I'm ready for anything with you by my side."

Sirius' throat grows tight, but he won't cry anymore. It's embarrassing enough, especially when Marlene appears in the doorway, mockingly blowing her nose into a tissue and loudly pretend sobbing.

"Watch it, McKinnon," Sirius warns, grinning in spite of himself. Marlene waggles her brows and teases, "Make me, Black."

Lily and Alice round the corner, smiling hopefully at the people with matching grey eyes. Phoebe glances up at Sirius, her heart warming when he winks. She turns back to Lily and says simply, "We're ready."

The girls and Sirius cheer, and they begin to walk out to the tent. Lily had casted an illusion charm so no one could see them on their way, removing it as soon as they step foot inside the pretty white structure. Phoebe's eyes are drawn to the flaps of the tent that she knows will pull back and reveal James. She smiles to herself, laughing quietly as the girls quick spread out her train and do last minute touch ups.

Then it's their turn to walk up the aisle, music bleeding through the walls and reaching Phoebe's ears. And her heart. The cello. She hadn't even thought of the music, but she was certain James had asked for this. Especially when she hears it begin to play a familiar song, one she'd only played for him once. Le Cygne.

She smiles to herself, looking over at Sirius and meeting his eyes. He grins and chuckles, "This is your last chance, Pheebs. We can ditch now and catch a train."

Phoebe rolls her eyes, pushing her elbow into his side as she replies, "Bloody hell! No more trains! Ever!"

Sirius snickers and smooths out his dress robes, looking down at her and saying warmly, "I love you, Phoebe. You're my soulmate."

Phoebe laughs and stands on her toes, pressing a quick kiss to his cheek. If someone had told her during her first year at Hogwarts that she would be marrying James Potter and Sirius Black would be the one to give her away, she would have laughed until she wet herself. But here, now. It makes a lot of sense.

"I love you too, Sirius. Tu es mon amê sœur," She replies easily. Sirius grins widely and tries to remember what life was like before he met her. Boring, scary. Lonely. He smirks slightly, muttering, "I can't wait to see Prongs' reaction."

Phoebe laughs, nodding.

She couldn't wait either

They face foreword, holding each other tight as the curtains in front of them peel back. He keeps her steady as they begin to walk, doesn't let her fall.

And when Phoebe sees James she feels invincible. Because the smile on his face is so soft and excited, his eyes so full of love. She doesn't see the people sitting in the chairs, she only sees him. The love of her life, the person she was made to be with.

And she can't help but admit silently as she walks that he looks bloody fit in his suit.

{{eeeeek!!!!! It's happening!!!}}