Their Kouhai »» 20

Ukai entered the gym, and as expected, almost everyone is present and looking rarin' to go. This is one of the things he's amazed about this team, they're so quick to bounce back up and move on from their loss, unlike a certain someone.

As the team started warming up, Tanaka suddenly spoke up while scanning the room,

"I'm not really sure if it's just me, but I feel like someone is missing." This caught everyone's attention as they also scanned the room, checking if one of their member is missing. No one's absent, then why do they feel like there is someone they're missing out?

"Tanaka-senpai! I thought I was the only one who's thinking that!" Hinata jumped from his spot, looking relieved that he's not being paranoid.

"But we're all here, aren't we?" Ennoshita furrowed his eyebrows.

"Aoyuki's not here." They all looked towards Nishinoya who's the only one who continued warming up, reaching for his toes with an unreadable look.

Almost all of the volleyboys's faces lit up instantly.

"Ah, right! Aoyuki-chan!" Suga snapped his fingers, before tilting his head, "Where is she by the way? She should be here by now."

"Tsukishima, isn't she your classmate?" Kageyama turned to the blonde who looked like he couldn't be bothered with all of this.

"Pipsqueak is acting weird."

"What do you mean?" Daichi asked, planting his hands on his hips.

"This morning, Aoyuki's kinda...down. I'm not really sure, but it looks like she's not in the mood to talk to everyone." Yamaguchi took the liberty to explain.

"My dear kouhai!!" Tanaka hugged himself and started swaying his body as though he was actually hugging his self-proclaimed kouhai.

Ukai remained quiet as he spared a glance at the gym doors, expecting for someone to enter almost thirty minutes ago, yet the girl was nowhere to be found.

She really didn't came. Ukai sighed as he scratched his dyed blonde hair. What a troublesome girl.

The volleyboys had an idea why their favorite first year girl is missing in action. She may or may not be feeling depressed about their loss.

"That was her first match." Suga stated, as they all looked down or to the side, feeling bad for Aoyuki.

And she lost. Hinata clenched his hands, he could imagine how painful it is for Aoyuki, speaking from experience, he had experienced the same last year. It was his first and last match in middle school, and his team went against Kageyama's team, Kitagawa Daiichi. They crushed his team in less than an hour, and he was left in anguish and frustration after that. The only difference he had from Aoyuki is that, the loss she experienced yesterday is not the last match she'd ever have. It's just the beginning.

"I think it's my fault why she can't show her face here." They all looked to Nishinoya who stopped reaching for his toes and just stared at his palm.

"I shouldn't have put so much expectation on her." Nishinoya ran a hand on his spiky hair, sighing deeply.

"Don't blame yourself, senpai."

All heads snapped towards the gym doors as a figure emerged. The girl is wearing the girls' school uniform, her was down and wasn't up in her usual hairdo. The girl took a step forward and took a ninety degree bow, facing everyone.

"I'm so sorry for making you all worry."

"Aoyuki-chan!"

"Aoyuki!"

The volleyboys crowded in on her. Hinata jumped and tackled the girl to the ground, hugging the living daylights out of her.

"Aoyuki we missed you so much!" Hinata gushed, rubbing his cheek into Aoyuki's cheek adoringly. Aoyuki can't help but to blush heavily at the sudden affection.

Okay, what?? It's not like I was gone for so long... Aoyuki sweat dropped, patting Hinata's head awkwardly with a sheepish smile.

"Oi Hinata give her some personal space, will you?" Kageyama pulled the human tangerine's uniform and peeled him away from Aoyuki. When she was freed from Hinata, Suga helped her up to her feet, a hand on her lower back to support her.

"You okay?"

"H-hh--Yeah. Thanks, Sugawara-san." Aoyuki nodded her head.

"You took your time." The boys looked back and saw Ukai approaching them. He stopped in front of the group and flashed Aoyuki a small smile.

"I...realized that I shouldn't dwell on the past for too long, and I should move on and train harder to be stronger than who I was yesterday." Aoyuki looked to the side and scratched her cheek, embarrassed. Ukai nodded his head, as though agreeing with what she said.

"That's right. The good thing about losing is that you could improve and be a better version of yourself."

Nishinoya turned to his kouhai, his blonde tufts of hair casting a shadow in his eyes, making Aoyuki anxious as she fiddled with her fingers.

"I'm sorry." Nishinoya spoke lowly, not meeting Aoyuki's eyes who blinked in surprise.

"E-eh?! Wait, why are you apologizing, Noya-senpai?" Aoyuki was taken aback, if there's someone who should be apologizing, it should be her. At least that's what she think.

"I got too excited. I shouldn't have put too much expectation on you, knowing you're just a beginner and all." The libero ran his hand on his face, releasing a deep exhale. They could feel how regretful he really is. Aoyuki clutched her chest, feeling it throb in pain for her mentor.

"No! Don't apologize! I should be the one who's apologizing for not meeting your expectations! What kind of kouhai am I--?!"

*Paak*

*Paak*

"Ow!" The male and female libero both yelped in pain once the Karasuno coach smacked their heads. The others were surprised as well since that literally came out of nowhere, Tsukishima's snicker could be heard.

"You do know that what happened is already in the past, right?" The liberos nodded, still clutching their heads, Ukai continued, "And no one should apologize for putting too much expectation on someone, or apologize for not meeting one's expectation. However, what you should do is to train even harder. Be a better version of yourself."

Ukai let silence fall, letting not only Nishinoya and Aoyuki to absorb what he said, but also for the rest of the team. Once a few moments of silence passed, he clapped his hands. The female and male crows lifted their heads up, eyes now bright and unclouded.

"Alright! Group yourself into two teams and play a match against each other!" Ukai announced.

"Osu!"

"And where do you think you're going?" Aoyuki halted, one foot still in the air as though time froze the moment she lifted her foot to walk away.

"Uh, to the girl's gym?" Aoyuki blinked.

Ukai flashed her a lopsided grin, planting his hands on his hips,

"No. You're going to train with us."

⭐★⭐★⭐★

Yosh! The boys and Aoyuki are back on track you guys!

Lez goooo!