Their Kouhai »» 50

A/n: I swear I'm not listening to Haikyuu! opening and closing songs while writing this chapter...

Tobe flaaAaaAy AaaAaaAy--- Ooops •3•

***
"Get a nice one, Michimiya-san!" Aoyuki called out behind her, encouraging Michimiya who was in the back and about to serve.

Michimiya tossed the ball and served, the ball going just a little bit near the top part of the net.

"Front!" Watabe did a dive, the ball bouncing from her wrist and into the air.

"Aihara-san, get the last!" Since Watabe's pass was too low for her to set, Manami received the ball with her wrist to direct it to Aihara.

"All right!" With her eyes on the net, Aihara ran to the net and jumped, swinging her arm and spiked the ball which broke Michimiya and Moe's block.

Thankfully, Aoyuki quickly shuffled her feet to go towards where the ball would fall, bending her knees until it skid to the shiny ground and received the ball, directing it to Moe.

The setter stepped back a little, Aihara and Manami jumping to block her when Moe jumped to set. However, to everyone's surprise, Moe did a dump. Watabe scrambling to save the ball but was too caught off guard.

Once Moe landed on her feet, she pumped her fist in victory, grinning widely as her team cheered as well, crowding in on her and clapping her backs happily, including Aoyuki.

"Moe-san, nice!" Aoyuki grinned at the second year who stared at her, surprise evident on her face. The other girls silencing as well, looking at her in disbelief.

Aoyuki noticed the sudden quiet that reigned in the gym, she tilted her head, confused at the way her teammates are looking at her.

"Uh, what?"

And just like that, chaos broke.

"Damn, Moe! You're so lucky!" Manami slapped Moe's back quite harshly, making the latter stagger, flushing.

"Yeah! Getting complimented by Aoyuki and all!" Watabe slapped her on the back as well, though not as harsh as the first one.

"Ehehehe..." Moe chuckled bashfully, rubbing the back of her head.

Michimiya can't help but smile at the face Aoyuki was making.

Michimiya smiled at her, "Well you see, we're just so surprised that you complimented Moe-chan."

"It's not a big deal. I mean, everyone was also complimenting Moe-san, right?" Aoyuki looked so lost, which made the girls giggle at her clueless-ness.

Watabe slung an arm around her even though the first year was clearly taller than her. "Duh! You're like the coldest member in here, and you complimenting Moe is just as surprising when you suddenly started serving intensely out of nowhere!"

Rinko nodded her head, smiling lightheartedly, "Watabe's right. We're just really surprised, that's all."

"And maybe a little bit jealous." Manami added, crossing her arms in a playful show of bitterness.

Aoyuki finally understood. Now she know why they were acting like this just because of a simple compliment from her.

It's not like Aoyuki's the most friendliest whenever she's with her team. She's usually just silent whenever they practice, and she barely compliment anyone, aside from Michimiya. You can say that she's really tough when it comes to the girls

Aoyuki looked to her feet, slightly feeling bad. "I see." She then looked back to her team. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to act so coldly towards all of you."

Aihara smirked at her, "Nah, it's alright."

"We know that you didn't really mean to. You just wanted to push us to our best limits by acting tough, right?" Rinko tilted her head, smiling a little.

Aoyuki stared at the girls, before looking to her feet once again and slightly to the side. Her bangs covered her eyes as she fiddled shyly with her fringe with her thumb and index finger.

"I-i guess."

Aoyuki staggered a few steps forward when Aihara slapped her back.

"What a tsundere!"

"I'm n-not a s-stundere!"

"Sure you aren't." Watabe stood beside Aihara, both wearing a smirk as the girls watched Aoyuki's face become tomato red.

"Okay, okay. That's enough teasing." Michimiya clapped her hands, eyes bright as she looked at her team. "We still have time to practice individually until the boys arrive here. Besides, we should get all the practice we can while Aoyuki is here. After all, she's going back to Tokyo with the boys tomorrow to continue their training camp."

"Osu!" The girls nodded their heads, willing to oblige the captain as they scattered all over the gym in one or two numbers.

"I bet you won't be able to block my spikes today, Rinko."

"Don't get too full of yourself, Aihara-san. You seem to be forgetting the number of your spikes that I managed to block yesterday."

"Come, Aya-san. Let's get some receives."

"Sure!"

"Aoyuki! Give me some serves! I swear I'm going to return that ridiculously intense serve one day!"

"Hai, Watabe-san. But I gotta warn you, don't come crying to Michimiya-san if you get hit in the face."

"Oi!"

Michimiya watched her team with sparkling brown eyes. She can't believe how dedicated and determined the girls became when Aoyuki joined their club. The first year definitely changed their life, and for the first time, Michimiya allowed herself to genuinely believe that they might just have a shot in the upcoming Spring Tournament as she watched her team do their very best every day.

"Yui! What are you waiting for?"

Michimiya blinked out of her reverie when she heard Aihara only to find the girls watching her, some smiling, some inclining their heads for her to join them. Aoyuki lowered her hands, still holding the ball that she was about to toss in the air and serve as she faced the captain. Aoyuki smiled a lopsided smile at Michimiya, lavender eyes shining.

"Michimiya-san, let's continue practicing and win the Spring Tournament, shall we?"

Michimiya felt herself start tearing up, but not because of sadness, but because of happiness. She quickly wiped her eyes with her hands and flashed her team a determined smile.

"And go to nationals!"

The girls looked at each other, before looking back at their captain, wearing the same determined expression as her as they all nodded their heads.

"Osu!"

★⭐★⭐★⭐

Just look at these girls being all determined and fired up to improve---Imma cry now ;__;

Anyway, I'm aware that this is short, but I just wanted for the girls to have their 'moment' before Aoyuki would go back to Tokyo since after the training camp there would be no time for them to practice anymore because the Spring Tournament is near.