Their Kouhai »» 22

"Here we are! Karasuno's famous Heartbreak Hill!" Tanaka announced, as the volleyboys plus Aoyuki are currently standing at the bottom of a kinda steeped hill(?).

Aoyuki tilted her head, letting her eyes wander over the long way they're going to run, "Heartbreak...Hill?"

Why is this called Heartbreak Hill? Does heartbreaks happen here very often? She can't help but to think, puckering her lips lightly.

They have been training ever since they got the invitation to the training camp, where three more schools aside from Nekoma will attend. Of course, Ukai asked Nekomata if Aoyuki could join, not as a manager but as a volleyball player. Luckily, Nekomata pulled some strings and allowed her to join. Seems like the Nekoma coach is fond of her ever since the practice match. However, Aoyuki's still unsure since she sincerely thought that she should be practicing with her own team instead, to strengthen their bond and improve their communication. Don't get her wrong, she's still grateful that a golden opportunity presented itself on her.

"Eh? The boys has been invited to join a training camp?" Michimiya blinked, the other two third years looking amazed by the news. After receiving the invitation yesterday, Aoyuki dashed all the way to the third year floor to look for the third years in her team to inform them.

"Yeah, and apparently... They want me to go with them, too." Aoyuki scratched her head timidly, looking to the side.

"Then you should go!" Was the girls' immediate response, making the first year snap her head towards them, eyes wide with surprise.

"What? Aren't you--I mean, shouldn't I stay here to train with you guys? To you know... Sync up with each other...and stuffs." Aoyuki flailed her hands, fumbling with her words.

Aihara patted her back, making her stop flailing her hands in the air and letting them drop back to her side.

"You could do that, but if you want to go with the boys, then go." Aihara smiled at her lightly.

"It's your decision to make." Aya closed her eyes, smiling as well. The rest of the girls nodded their head.

Aoyuki's eyes glistened, touched by her teammates words, "Everyone..." Then she quickly wiped her eyes and stood straighter, now harboring a wide grin.

"Thank you very much!" And with that, she ran away with a skip on her step and a smile on her dace, greeting the third years she's that she passed by.

However, the moment Aoyuki was gone out of the third years' sight, their smiled slowly faded.

"I was hoping she'd teach me how to receive properly." Aya sighed, slouching.

"It can't be helped. She wanted to train with the boys, we can't possibly forbid her." Aihara shook her head, the three of them walking towards their room.

"I think we made the right decision." The two third years looked at Michimiya, their eyes questioning but remained silent so that she could continue, "We can't hold her back."

"Hold her back? What do you mean?" Aihara and Aya asked at the same time, brows furrowing.

Michimiya stopped walk-in, hence the other two stopped as well, still staring at Michimiya who looked serious.

"With a talent like Aoyuki's, we're just going to hold her back if we insisted that she stay here." Michimiya began, looking to the window, "Even though she's new in volleyball, I could tell that she'll grow stronger and better. Keeping her here won't do anything to her, so the best decision is for her to train with players who has so much to offer."