Their Kouhai »» 62

Morning came, and the gym was already reverbrating with the sound of volley balls bouncing, or being spiked, or being blocked, along with the unending squeaks of shoes and clamoring voices.

As the Nekoma stood at the side after just finishing a match against with Fukurodani, to which with the latter emerging as the victorious, Nekoma watched as another matched just finished. They watched as Karasuno walked with purpose.

“One round of diving laps!”

“Right!”

Kuroo raised a brow, amused. “They have a strange dignity around them when they take their penalties.”

“Including the away games, they’ve done more penalties than the other team.” Kenma mumbled beide Kuroo, cat eyes also watching the group of crows who started their diving laps.

Nekoma was relatively silent as they take a rest, while watching Karasuno of course, that is until Yaku’s eyes widened as something caught his attention.

Yaku brought his water bottle down once gulping the water he took. “Whoa! Karasuno’s shrimpy has gotten really good at diving receives!” His eyes were wide, but then they landed on the figure who did a diving receive just after Hinata. His shock only increasing once seeing how fluid and smooth she glided in the floor, not even breaking a sweat as she did so. “Oh wow, even Ribbon-chan’s crazy good at diving receive now...”

Kai hummed thoughtfully, “You’re right. I noticed at the first day of this training camp she’s really not the best when it comes to dives.” He then looked at Kuroo who was watching the aforementioned girl. “Did you happen to teach her how to improve?”

It was Kenma who answered Kai, seeing as Kuroo was staring intently on Aoyuki he didn’t seemed to hear the vice-captain.

“Kuroo’s only teaching Aoyuki blocking.”

Yaku lightened up at this, remembering something. “Oh right. Karasuno’s libero is the one teaching her when it comes to receiving. I remembered she called her senpai back then.”

“Well, the midget was her first mentor after all.” Kuroo suddenly spoke, apparently hearing everything his team was saying. He smirked, “Not bad. And here I thought he was no longer in the competition.”

“What? Don’t think that just because Aoyuki suddenly had tons of other mentor meant that he’s giving up on her.” Kenma scoffed lightly.

Yaku pumped his fist. “Good, keep it up Nishinoya. Make sure Ribbon-chan is gonna be a libero in the end!”

Kuroo furrowed his eyebrows, turning to look down their team’s libero with an unpleasant look in his eyes, “Haaah?”

Yaku also turned to look at Kuroo, not even bit intimidated by the height gap between the two of them. “You heard me. I want her to be one of us, the liberos.”

“Tough luck there, Yakkun, but I don’t think Ribbon-chan wanted to be part of your midget group.” Kuroo smirked down at Yaku, the other Nekoma members wincing and started inching away from the two slowly, or rather, away from Yaku who started emitting deadly aura.

“Ha! Kuroo-san called you a midget, Yaku-san!” Lev pfft-ed, pointing at Yaku while his other hand was clutching his stomach to prevent himself from bursting out laughing.

“Stupid, stop that!” Yamamoto whispered-shouted at Lev, swatting his pointing hand down and dragged the tall silverette to the side with the other Nekoma members who was sweatdropping.

It was too late for Kuroo to realize the danger he just dug himself to. Yaku took one step with his left foot, his right one slicing through the air and pivoting until colliding to the side of Kuroo’s torso in a sharp side kick.