Their Kouhai »» 65

As the whistle blew, Asahi tossed the ball into the air and served with power. Fukurodani’s libero received the ball but staggered back, resulting with the ball going off direction and earning Karasuno a point.

“Get one more, Asahi-san!” Aoyuki called back, eyes forward. The serve came in from Asahi, but this time Fukurodani’s libero managed to receive the ball perfectly and directed it towards Akaashi who set the ball to Bokuto. Daichi and Tsukishima did a two-man block, with the latter getting a one-touch. Kageyama followed, bumping the ball into the air. Nishinoya ran and jumped just before his shoes touched the back line, he set the ball into the air. Aoyuki wasted no time and ran up to the net, spiking the ball towards the middle court of Fukurodani where they are wide open.

The crows huddled with each other and slapped each others’ back, “Yeah!”

The Ubugawa captain put his hands on his hips, him and his team watching the ongoing match between Fukurodani and Karasuno. “Wow, Karasuno’s at the top of their game.”

Ubugawa’s setter nodded his head, “The messy attacks they were trying on the first day are finally succeding. Not to mention, they all move so fluidly even if that girl just joined their lineup as a spiker.”

“That’s to be expected, she’s Kuroo and Bokuto’s kouhai.”

The whistle blew once there was a quick break. The Karasuno huddled in front of Ukai who crossed his arms, a pleased lopsided grin on his face as he took a quick glance at the scoring board. As of now, both teams are tied to 18 points.

Aoyuki put the cap back on her water bottle and looked away from the scoring board that she was staring to. She turned to Nishinoya who was standing beside her and currently taking a drink from his own bottle. “I can’t believe we’re neck-to-neck with Fukurodani...”

Nishinoya took the bottle away from his lips and looked up at Aoyuki with a dorky grin. “Maybe we are because we’re both playing. Absolute attack and defense!”

Aoyuki chuckled, shaking her head. “Noya-senpai we got the others too, y’know.”

“I know!”

Ukai interrupted the two, “Just because you’re tied with Fukurodani doesn’t mean you should get too confident. The real battle begins now.”

“Alright!”

This time it was Takeda who spoke, taking one step forward with a small smile, “It’s true that we should be on guard, but it’s also true that all the cogs you have created are now starting to fit together.” He then looked at Aoyuki, “Especially you Aoyuki-chan, great job fitting in with the team.” Aoyuki grinned widely when Hinata, who was standing on her other side, started to playfully poke her side in a teasing manner because of Takeda’s words. She also got her hair ruffled by Tanaka who was standing behind her.

Aoyuki half-heartedly swatted Hinata’s hands with a laugh, she then bowed her head towards Takeda with a smile. “Thank you, Takeda-sensei.”

Takeda nodded his head and addressed every single players in front of him with a warm smile. “Please continue to perfect your cogs while you’re playing in this training camp, everyone!”

“Right!”

Ukai suddenly spoke, seeming to remember something, “Also, just as planned, you haven’t been letting their ace spike too freely.” He scratched his eyebrow in exasperation, “Although there was that one ridiculous cut shot. But that was because Tsukishima was abe to put in one touch.”

Tsukishima blinked, seemingly not expecting to be credited in that one touch. He lightly bowed his head towards Ukai, “Oh, right.”

Ukai gave his team a devious grin. “If you can keep their #4 back, we might just be able to do this. Let’s finish this!”

“Right!”

Since the quick break is still not over, there are still time for players to wipe their sweat or drink water. Since Aoyuki already did those two, she looked towards Fukurodani’s direction only to see them look away and start talking to each other, Akaashi leading the pep talk. Aoyuki’s eyes found Bokuto who was at the back of them, quietly drinking from his water bottle with his brows furrowed.

Just as Ukai said, their plan was to make Bokuto spike less freely. And she can’t help but to sympathize since Aoyuki knew the feeling of not being able to spike whenever and however you like because of Kuroo. She remembered how her every single spike got blocked by the Nekoma Captain, and that feeling was not a great feeling by any means. It was frustrating and can make you feel downright stupid.

“Poor Bokuto-senpai...” Aoyuki sighed.

“Don’t tell me you’re feeling sorry for the enemy?” Tsukishima suddenly stood beside her, water bottle in one hand and towel on his shoulder. He raised one of his eyebrow at her.

“I can’t help it! He’s still my senpai, you know?” Aoyuki reasoned, before adding, “Besides, he’s your enemy, not mine. My enemy is Fukurodani’s girls volleyball club, assuming that we’d play against each other in the future.”

Tsukishima faced her and slightly tilted his head to the side and stared her down through his lenses. “But since you’re playing on my team, he’s your enemy too.”

“Oh whatever.” And just as that came out of Aoyuki’s lips, the whistle blew, indicating for the end of the quick break and the continuation of the practice match.

Aoyuki walked towards the very back of the court since it’s her turn to serve. She caught the ball that was tossed towards her way and started bouncing the ball down the floor.

“Nice serve, Aoyuki!” Aoyuki heard the Karasuno guys cheer for her. She would’ve give them a thumbs up but she focused with bouncing the ball. Unbeknownst to her, almost all eyes were trained on her to watch her serve, yes, even the other ongoing practice match. It was something unspoken, but everyone wanted to see just how talented the only girl player in this training camp is.

As the entire gym became deathly silent, the whistle echoed loudly.  Aoyuki wasted no time and tossed the ball into the air, the familiar blinding gym lights made Aoyuki’s lavander eyes glitter as her eyes stared after the ball. She took one, two three steps forwards and bend her knees, winding her arms behind her, then she jumped and spiked. As the loud SMACK echoed around the gym, everyone’s eyes watched as the ball made a straight line towards the very back line. Fukurodani’s libero bending his knees and stretching his arms in front of him, already anticipating for the sting of the ball. However, to everyone’s surprise, the ball suddenly made a curve just as it was about to hit the libero’s wrists, the ball landing inside the court and just two inches away from the white line.

There was a total of five second silence as everyone stared where the ball landed, and that silence was broken when the piercing sound of whistle rang.

“Service ace!!” Hinata gasped loudly from the sidelines as the other guys cheered for Aoyuki.

Ukai can’t help but to whistle, the serve replaying in his mind. “That serve looked scarily alike with Aoba Johsai’s Oikawa’s serve.”

Takeda nodded his head, eyes wide in surprise. “I know! The precision and speed is just amazing.”

As Aoyuki was once again given another ball to serve, her grip on the hard round ball tightened. My lessons with Oikawa-senpai are starting to pay off! Even I can see how amazing that serve was! She shivered in excitement.