Their Kouhai »» 64

A/n: Hola dora I'm still alive HAHAHA--and btw the reason  why I was gone for a really long time (again) was because a lot of things happened lately. This 29th of June I just turned 18, yay! Then the next day after my birthday was my graduation! I also had to do stuff about college so yea. Just wanna let you all know HAHAHA btw enjoy the update!

****
The whistle blew, indicating for a quick break. The members of Karasuno gathered around Ukai.

“Alright, so far we’re doing good considering who we are against with,” Ukai started, he then looked at Kageyama and Hinata and smiled approvingly. “Good job on executing that new quick.” The freak duo visibly brightened at this.

Ukai let his eyes wander over each member of the Karasuno, as if contemplating about something. The other members looked at each other, puzzled with their coach’s silence.

“Coach Ukai?” Daichi asked lightly, furrowing his eyebrows.

“Okay!” To everyone’s surprise, the bleach blonde haired coach clapped his hands in finality, finality of what, they had no idea. Except Aoyuki who remained silent and unreadable beside Ukai.

“Uh, okay?” Suga sweat dropped, tilting his head to the side.

“I’ve decided to let Aoki play.”

All of the karasuno members gave him a slightly concered look.

“But Aoyuki-chan is playing, isn’t that right Nishinoya?” Asahi looked at their libero, who nodded his head in agreement and said, “Yeah! I already played against Ubugawa earlier so it’s Aoyuki’s turn to play now.”

Ukai shook his head, “No--I mean, yes technically she is playing, but I’m talking about her position.”

“Position? She’s playing as our libero.” Hinata answered innocently.

Tsukishima sighed heavily, as if already tired with Ukai beating around the bush and everyone being stupid for not catching up with what their coach was saying, “What Ukai-san was trying to say is that he’s going to put Aoyuki in the court, but not as the libero.”

“Ahh.” Everyone slowly nodded their head with this, and for two seconds, the realization settled in, “Ehh?!”

***

Daichi received the ball effortlessly, the ball going towards Kageyama’s direction. Hinata ran up to the net, and Kageyama set the ball. Everyone held their breath, expecting to see that other version of freak quick. However, the ball fell short in the air. everyone stopped and stared dumbly as the ball bounced on the floor until it came to a stop. The whistle blew and the Fukurodani cheered.

“All right! Lucky!”

Kageyama face palmed. Hinata approached the setter and pat his back once with a reassuring smile on his face.

“Don’t worry about it, Kageyama-kun!”

And just like that, Kageyama snapped, attempting to grab Hinata but the orange head was holding the blueberry head’s wrists.

“Damn it! That pisses me off!”

“Why?! What else am I supposed to say?!”

Asahi smiled, “Well, this isn’t something that happens easily.”

Daichi nodded his head with a determined smile, “And what better time for us to shine!” he turned to Aoyuki who was standing beside him. “Isn’t that right, Aoyuki?”

Aoyuki blinked, as if snapping out of her thoughts. She looked at Daichi and gave a small smile which was obviously a little forced. “Yeah, you’re right Daichi-san.”