Their Kouhai »» 03

"Aoyuki-chan! Do you know how to play volleyball?" I looked down at the enthusiastic orange head, his eyes shining brightly under the gym lights.

"Ah, well not really..." I rubbed my head sheepishly. I had tried many sports before, like archery, soccer, basketball, swimming, running, vaulting (yes), etc. and now I'm starting to wonder why I haven't tried volleyball yet.

"Don't even try asking the pipsqueak. I bet she couldn't even receive properly." Of course, dear Tsukki had to say something.

I turned to look at him and raised a brow, something fiery inside me started igniting and I can't help but to feel excited.

"Oya? Are you challenging me, Tsukki?" I purposely used his nickname once more, to rile him up and make him give in. I want him to challenge me! Initiate the challenge first! Initiaaate!

As expected, Tsukishima-san narrowed his eyes at me, before flashing one of his condescending smiles.

"Are you sure? It seems unfair to me that you'll have to go up against someone like me." He remarked and I raised a brow.

"Oh? So you do know the word unfair!" I gasped, feigning surprise, which even annoyed him even more. Yes, that's right. Be annoyed. Be irritated. Challenge me!

Suga, who was watching the unfolding scene before them, sweat dropped.

"Tsukishima does sound confident." He commented to the captain who was beside him.

Daichi crossed his arms with a dead pan look, "He's one to talk. He sucks at receiving." He told truthfully.

"Now now don't be too harsh on him. He's just new, just like Hinata and Yamaguchi. Kageyama on the other hand is different." Suga patted his friend's shoulder, sounding like an understanding mom.

"I hope that you're not all bark, pipsqueak." Tsukishima smirked, looking down at me as we stand face to face, err, well, face to chest actually... Anyway!

"Right back at 'ya, Tsukki." And with that, we turned our backs on each other and walked towards different directions. Him going towards Tadashi, and me towards Nishinoya-san who was busy bugging Kiyoko-san with Tanaka-san.

Once I was standing behind the small libero, I gently tapped his shoulder. He stopped blabbering and turned to look back, then looked up at me. Well, I'm not that really tall, but enough for Nishinoya-san to slightly look up at me.

"O-oh! Aoyuki-chan!" He panicked, and I raised an eyebrow in confusion, before shrugging it off.

"Would you please teach me how to receive?" I paused, straightening my lips into a thin line, before sighing and taking a bow, "Please, Noya-senpai!"

There was silence between us. Even Tanaka-san who was talking--bothering Kiyoko-san stopped, a wide look on his face, just like Nishinoya-san.

"S-senpai..." I watched Nishinoya-san warily as he seemed to be in dream land and is definitely not in earth, at least his mind isn't.

Then he suddenly put his hands on my shoulder as I stood up fully, a big goofy grin stretch in Nishinoya-san's face as his eyes looked bright, even brighter than Hinata, and that's telling something.

"Don't worry, my dear kouhai. You'll be best as me in no time!" He laughed boisterously as he jabbed a thumb at his chest, looking proud. Welp, looks like the 'senpai' really helped. Good for me then.

And so, Noya-senpai (I decided to call him that now since he's basically my mentor and senpai now) started teaching me on how to stand properly when receiving, how to position my arms, etcetera etcetera. Huh, you'll see Tsukishima-san! Be ready for tomorrow!

I'll wipe the floor with your ass! *evil laughs*

Suga tensed suddenly when he felt a not so friendly aura, so he slowly but cautiously looked towards the source, only to find Aoyuki, who was smiling innocently into the air. He shuddered at the look in her eyes before hastily walking away, scared to get caught in those eyes.

⭐★⭐★⭐★

Sorry for the short chapter~!