Their Kouhai »» 12

"I'm getting nervous!" Karasuno's girls volleyball team was currently stretching in one of the hallways. The entrance towards the court nearby.

"I know right?"

"Have you seen our opponent's spikes when they were practicing?" Aya asked no one in particular.

"They're not in the last year's best eight for nothing." Rinko stated, before clasping both of her hands in front of her and closed her eyes shut, "I'm praying for the ball not to come to me!"

"I should've shown up for morning practice more often." Manami, the official setter, sighed regretfully.

Aoyuki was silent as she reached for her toes, currently sitting on the floor. Her expression unreadable.

It's too late to regret anything. Aoyuki thought, directing her eyes towards the floor. She could feel a little bit of anger boil in her that was directed towards her teammates.

As you have known, Aoyuki is really competitive, so she'd really hate to lose.

I didn't trained my freaking butt off day and night practicing just for them to wash my effort down the drain. Aoyuki clicked her tongue in annoyance, which only worsened after hearing how her teammates regretted not coming to practices. She gritted her teeth to refrain herself from saying something.

Michimiya finally spoke up after remaining silent for a long time, her expression serious, "We had so much time."

Everyone stopped, except for Aoyuki who stayed silent but continued stretching, listening as well.

"We could've trained so much more. We could've done so much more." Michimiya continued.

"Yui, it's too late for that--" Aihara was cut off by Michimiya.

"But those things don't matter anymore!" The girls stared at her with wide eyes, "The tournament whistle will blow in 45 minutes. All we can do now is to get warmed up. We'll fight to the end with all our might! And let's win!"

Everyone continued watching as Michimiya took her jacket off.

"Everyone, huddle up. Form a circle!" No one moved as the girls continued just staring at their captain.

Aoyuki sighed heavily as she shook her head, standing up and taking her jacket off as well, revealing the number 7 on her jersey.

"Let's do this, captain." Aoyuki met Michimiya's eyes determinedly as she put her hand on top of Michimiya's that was waiting for the others.

"Come on, everyone!" Aihara put her jacket off and not long after, the girls were huddle up together with their hands in the middle.

"Karasunoooo, fight!"

"Yeaaah!"

As all the teams finished warming up on the court, they stood on each sides facing their opponents.

A long silence that seemed to draw on fell on the gym. Aoyuki could hear her heart beat thumping loudly as she clenched her fists on her sides, staring through the net and into their opponent, Shirato. After the long, nerve wracking silence the referee blew the whistle.

"Let's play!"

As the regulars took their positions, the referee called the captains of each team to determine who's going to serve first by flipping coin.