Their Kouhai »» 43

Aoyuki let her body fall down her soft bed, almost disappearing amongst the sea of silk blankets and feathered pillows.

She just came back from Aoba Johsai, and what happened on the school's gym earlier still fresh in her mind.

She didn't know where everything went wrong. One moment Oikawa was teaching her serving just fine then the next she was running around the gym and got poked like a bear.

Despite her best efforts at keeping the bruise in the dark, she ended up spilling the truth once she got backed into a corner. Also spilling some colorful words that got even Kunimi widening his eyes in surprise.

It was safe to say that Oikawa's dislike towards Kageyama increased, if his:

"I knew I shouldn't have given Tobio-chan that advice!"

was any indication. She then got bonked by not only by Oikawa in the head, also by the rest of the third years and Yahaba, scolding her for even trying to serve with her bruise (not that they saw it or anything.) Then she was told to go home and rest.

And so, here she is right now. Sulking.

"I should've heeded Michimiya-san's advice to be nowhere near a volleyball..." Aoyuki mumbled, before slowly turning on her back and facing her high ceiling. "But I got some serves in!" She covered her mouth with hands and squealed, feet kicking.

Once calming down, she slowly raised her right hand in the air, palm facing her.

"That was different..." She breathed, seemingly entranced. The way the ball leaves a numbing sting on her palm was way different from the sting the ball leaves on her wrists whenever she receives.

A big, silly grin slowly spreads in her lips, eyes sparkling in mesmerization as she recalled the serves she did a few moments ago. It was nowhere near perfect, but it got her blood pumping in exhilaration.

"I'm in love!" She squealed once more, but this time not muffling the girlish sound.

She sat up and climbed out of her bed, determined.

"I gotta heal. And fast!"

*Three days later*

Aoyuki entered Class 1-4, waving and greeting back her classmates with a smile. She then sat down on her seat, not before noticing Tsukishima and Yamaguchi's absence, though she saw that their bags are on the hooks beside their desks so maybe they just went out or something.

"Ne ne, Kamiyui-chan!" She looked up when three girls approached her.

Aoyuki smiled, "Hey Mari! What's up?"

"It was so boring when you're not here!"

"Yeah!" Ari and Chizu both agreed, nodding their heads.

Aoyuki laughed sheepishly, rubbing the back of her head and flashed them a peace sign, "Gomen! Something came up and I had to stay home."

Mari put a hand on her mouth, worried. "Oh no! Is everything alright?"

"Everything is totally fine." They continued talking animatedly for a few minutes, before the three went back to their seats, waving cheerfully at Aoyuki who waved back with much enthusiasm.

"Aoyuki-chan?" She once again looked up when she heard her name. She was greeted by Yamaguchi who was looking at her in disbelief, behind him was Tsukishima who was staring at her as well, but not as surprised as Yamaguchi. They were standing in the doorway.

"Oh, hey Tadashi, Tsukishima. What's up?" Aoyuki tilted her head.

It was Tsukishima who made the first move. He closed the distance between them and, to her great surprise, flicked her forehead.