nineteen

a/n:

a change in pacing ;-;

━━━━━━

CHAPTER 19: REMEMBER YOUR DUTY

As the villains continue to pile, their numbers swelling their way towards us, Aizawa insists that Thirteen begins evacuation procedures. The students have dark looks on their faces, some with brave intensities, or rather attempts to stay brave and calm. You belonged to the latter, a cold sweat starts running down the sides of your cheeks. The timing of their arrival was unnerving, it supported the feeling in your gut; you couldn't take your mind off it. 

Aizawa's form blocks your view— since he forced you aside earlier— you balanced on the tips of your toes to catch a glance... Your curiosity does not bring you justice. Their appearances are uncanny: sharp edges alike to fangs or blades, and their masks with ghoulish empty eyes belonging to a skull or a sort of creature. Whatever they were going for, they achieved that maliciousness. 

They are not like the thugs you've met in alleys. The only sharp item they'd have was their tongue and sometimes a knife behind their backs, and then their ghoulish eyes would be true, not from a mask but from their exhaustion. Though what really put you off was their expressions. It would be hard to catch their differences, at least for most, but for someone like you, it was clear as day.

Thugs may be confident to threaten others, however desperation shines in their eyes, making them unprepared and nervous, that's why they're easy to disarm. Whereas the villains are only confident; they are proud of their abilities, you could see it in the way they walk and their mischievous grins. Those signs instantly set off alarms in your head, you can't help but worry what their motive is— or worse, motives.

Noticing tremors in your hands, you wondered: Am I... afraid..? You clench your fists.

Aizawa's cloth begins to rise, his hands grip the strands of his capturing weapon defensively. "Thirteen, watch over the students." 

Midoriya beats you to it, "Sensei! Are you going to fight them alone?!" You and he agreed that Aizawa would be overwhelmed, even with his strong erasing quirk.

"A Hero always has more than one trick up their sleeves." Eraserhead was quite confident in his skills, it brought some reassurance, but not to you. 

Almost instantly, you stepped forward. "I'll go with you!" 

"No." His tone hinted some frustration, he seemed really against it.

Your brows furrow. "Thirteen can handle the students, and you can't handle all the villains—"

"I said no. [f/n], remember your duty." And he jumps off, on his way to stall the crowd.

You kept still, his words struck you hard; you felt ashamed to be caught off guard. He was right.

The students are my priority. 

You faced the group, "Alright! Everyone, we've got to evacuate!"

Unfortunately a familiar black mass cloaks the exit, stopping everyone from leaving. "I'm afraid I can't allow that." 

! ! ! 

"Greetings. We are the Villain Alliance. I apologize for the presumption, but we are here to meet with All Might, the 'Symbol of Peace'. We were wondering if we might be allowed to extinguish him, you see." Gruesome intent hides behind his gentlemanly nature. The fact that he easily explained his affiliates' plan shows how confident they are of it. 

He turns to look around, his dark fumes looking as lively as a human's limbs, it was a strange sight. "Was Mr. All Might not meant to be in attendance at this juncture? Perchance, has something been altered?" 

You softly bit your bottom lip, forcing yourself to get into a stance, along with Thirteen who flips open his index finger. 

"Well, either way..." And in a few seconds he surrounds them. "This my role." 

Blonde and red flash, Bakugo and Kirishima sprinted forward to land hits with their quirks. "Bet you didn't think we'd be able to do you in before you got the chance!" Kirishima comments, yet their shaky forms said otherwise.

Alas, the smoke only dispersed for a moment before gathering back again. He seemed unbothered, too. "That was quite perilous. Still, I should have expected it. You may be mere students, yet you are also the hero world's 'golden eggs'."

You despair at the small amount of distance between the two students and the villain. You yelled at them a few seconds late, "YOU IDIOTS! GET BACK!" That introduction earlier was more than enough for you to understand how his quirk worked.

The mass thickened and gusts of air expelled from them, they hinder you and Thirteen to quickly take action. You could feel the uneven bursts wishing to lift your feet off the ground. The fumes got closer and closer, some instinctively jumped to avoid it— which was futile. It surrounds them like hands weaving their fingers together. 

"You will be scattered," he says. 

Yet you don't plan on doing nothing. You reached for the ground and made a link. Using your quirk, cement hands emerged from the floor and frantically felt around, searching for anything to grip onto. They hold your boots tightly, stopping you from getting sucked in. You hoped to secure the students, but you knew that you couldn't save all of them.

You waited for the storm to pass, your form low and hunched to resist the forces, like an armadillo. From what you could sense with your quirk, you secured five pairs of feet. That was about 1/4 of the group, enough to frustrate you. Perhaps you aren't cut out for this type of work after all.

The darkness thins, the winds become weak. "Everyone—! Is everyone alright?!" Iida's voice eases you. 

The cement hands formed by your quirk retreat into themselves. "I-I'm okay!" You replied. 

Various groans and sighs followed after. You find yourself feeling more relieved. Seven people were able to stay: Iida, Uraraka, Sato, Shoji, Ashido, Sero, and Thirteen. This leaves everyone else stranded somewhere... 

Your nails dug into your palm. Dammit..! 

CHAPTER 19 END

━━━━━━

a/n:

Iida carried Uraraka and Sato... wtf he's so strong

 wtf he's so strong