thirteen

CHAPTER 13: SUPREME GRIP DUO 

[f/n] walks into the faculty lounge with a solemn expression, differing greatly from her usual pout and challenging glare. She had a bandage on her cheek and one wrapped around her neck.

Midnight walks up to her with some fresh copies in her hand. "[f/n]-chan! Good to see- Hm..? Are you okay?"

The student stood there silent for a moment, before coming back to reality. She shook off her gloomy expression and stuck a tongue out. "Tch! Why wouldn't I be?" And with that, she ran out of the room.

Midnight, Present Mic, and Cementoss share concerned looks, knowing well that [f/n]'s behavior was unlike her.

"How did she get injured again?"

"I don't know." 

━━━━━━ 

LUNCH RUSH'S EATERY

You grab your tray of food, and looked towards all the tables filled with happy students. Like yesterday, you don't recognize enough to sit with anyone, or maybe you just liked being alone.

Maybe I'll eat in one of the infirmaries... 

You start heading towards the door—

. . !

Someone taps your shoulder, making you freeze mid step.

"Hey." A tired and low voice reaches your ears.

You turn around to find a male student with messy purple hair. He looked familiar, you felt the back of your mind spark and search for a name. 

"Yes..?" 

He pointed to one of the empty tables. "Want to sit together?" 

Huh..? Why would he sit with me...

It was better than eating alone, so you followed. He encourages that you sit next to him instead of across, and this scene somehow reminds you of Hazaki. Your mind finally clicks, and you remember his name. 

"You're Shinsou Hitoshi... Right..? We were partners for science..."

He grins, not expecting you to realize it so fast. "Yeah, good to see you again, Shuzenji."

The air is bearable again.

"I'm happy you got into U.A." You say.

His tired indigo orbs look away. "General Studies, not Heroics."

You sigh. "Yeah, that Practical Exam wasn't fair..." 

"Enough about me... I heard that you're something of a 'ghost student'?" 

You chuckle. "I guess I am something like that."