twenty-three

CHAPTER 23: FIX THE VESSEL

What..?

His grip was strong, you failed to pull back. Midoriya hesitantly jumps forward. "L-Let go of her!" He yells, his fist is raised to punch the Handman. You flinch as he went to sacrifice his arm to attack. Don't interfere dammit..!

"Nomu." The Hand Man calls, his tone sounded annoyed.

Even with his unstable grip, he manages to pull you towards him. Yet you were at fault too, your fatigue keeps your body light and easy. At least his attention is not on them anymore... You thought.

The so-called 'Nomu' stood between you and Midoriya. As a result, Midoriya's attack hit the monstrosity instead, but it looks like no damage was done. There was fumes of pressure from the punch, though it disappeared easily like the fake smoke of a magic act. Midoriya stares into the Nomu's bloodshot eyes, his fist stuck to its gut, finally realizing that his attack did not work at all. He panics when the strange being grabs him.

On the other side of wall was your battle. The hand man still had a tight grip on your forearm, so you tried to carefully pull him away with your free hand. Sadly he's quicker than you at the moment, he grabs the other easily, making you growl in displeasure. Shit..! What the hell do I do..?! You felt out of your zone, your worry for Midoriya against the Nomu was greater.

But after some reckless thinking, "If you wanna destroy my arm, then do it you bastard..!" You yell, thinking that losing an arm to stop a murder was worth it.

His crescent eyes showed that he was grinning, "Why would I hurt you..? I would never hurt my Player 2!"

You scowl, Player 2..? "Quit calling me that..!"

"Oh come on! Don't be like that!"

"Stop talking to me like we're close..!" You growl.

"Oh, but we are!"

"I've never talked to a creep like you in my life." You gave him the most disgusted look you could muster. Judging from the red shine in his eyes, he didn't like it.

"You may hate me now... but when you get my roses... you always look so happy..!"

( . . . )

What..?

What did he just say..?!

"Hmm..? Why are you so shocked? Who did you think it was? I thought that not putting my name would help..."

"Wha-What..? I..." You were still trying to process it all.

"I wanted to send you the hands of those girls that bullied you... but Kurogiri said it wasn't 'romantic'! What does that word even mean anyways..?!" He stared directly into your eyes, "Which do you want..? Hazaki's hands... or roses..?"

How does he..?! Why does he..?! Your arms shook, knees gradually getting weaker.

The silence irked him, "So?! Which one?!"

You couldn't pick. Or rather, it wasn't right to.

He grips your arms harder, aiming to bruise. "Answer!"

CRASH!

"HAVE NO FEAR

FOR I

HAVE COME!"

━━━━━━

Relieved cries could be heard across the center, all full of emotions that they've been wanting to release, only possible with such an entrance by the number one hero himself. His voice is all too familiar, just hearing it puts you at ease. You could feel your muscles become firm. With your courage back, you kick the hand man away from you.

In seconds, you felt your feet leave the ground and a grip around your waist. It was too quick that your eyes could only catch flashes of yellow. You soon find yourself with Midoriya, Tsuyu, Mineta, and Aizawa thanks to All Might. Still, they weren't that far from where they used to be...

"Head towards the entrance, you four! And Young Shuzenji, please treat Aizawa!"

You responded immediately, "Hai!" Your backpack was already off and the emergency stretcher fixed. "Tsuyu! Mineta! Help me out here, please!" Midoriya seemed unresponsive and continued to stare at All Might, that's why you didn't call him.

"Kero." They held the stretcher steady as you gently placed Aizawa on top. I'll have to treat him as we go...

"All Might! Stay back! That villain with the exposed brain...! One for— I mean, when I punched him, he didn't even budge! He has to be—"

"Midoriya, my boy." He pulls out a peace sign over his eyes, "It's all right!" He then launches off his spot and into the action.

Seeing that All Might has all under control, Midoriya followed behind you shortly after.

[ a/n: I'm not a doctor but I did some research at least ]

You knew how much blood he's already lost from the last scene, so you decided to stop the bleeding first before thinking of any emergency infusion. He's breathing, good. Now prioritizing organs: bleeding from the head... You pushed away some of his dark locks to see his face better. There are many bruises and wounds, but you pay attention to the one on his forehead since it bled the most. Many hits from that monster has turned a hematoma to a hemorrhage... Though the blood is clearly spilling out... no cerebrospinal fluid too... His skull must be cracked..! To conclude, and to consider the slow stream of bleeding... a Class 3 Epidural Hemorrhage..! You're extremely relieved that it's not a subdural bleeding, because that's when you'll have to do surgery— which is something you're not confident in.

After pulling out your gloves and telling them to hold the stretcher still, you put your fingers to his wound. Fix the vessel, you repeated. With one last push using your hidden reserves of energy, you forced his blood cells to work. Similar to commanding a fleet, cells rushed to form the vessel lining, and left then left it to the blood cells to strengthen it. It's still fragile but will heal over time. You could hear Aizawa's breathing quicken from your work and the students comment of the fight as you continued. Next was the skull, you brought some blood cells to clot around the entrance, then reformed a bit of the bone to make a thin layer to cover the outside. The body has it's own miracles on healing itself, everyone knew that, that's why it's not necessary to be healed instantly.

You would've celebrated for stopping the bleeding but your job's not done. Next was his broken and bleeding arms, you realigned his joints then wrapped them in bandages. You couldn't heal them due to how much blood he's lost, if you overwork them he could die or go into a coma. He must have other injuries too but unfortunately you're at your limit. The last thing you did was connect the blood bag you were carrying to the artery at his wrist. I want to take a nap right now..!

"Midoriya!" Tsuyu called, you looked to find him running towards the fight.

What the hell is he doing..?! It sucks that you don't have any power to stop him. After him came Bakugo, Kirishima, and Todoroki. Didn't I tell them to meet at the entrance..?!

CHAPTER 23 END