twenty-one

a/n:

hello i finally found inspo

━━━━━━

CHAPTER 21: MIGHT BE BEST

You didn't expect to be near now.

I should take a candy...

You felt for the strap around your right thigh, the one with a few energy candies. Pulling open the cap, you took one pill-sized candy, it was pink on one side and white on the other. You dropped it in your mouth and swallowed. It tasted like a minty strawberry, refreshing and somewhat addictive.

Yet you knew that even a candy couldn't stop the pain, it can only delay it for a while and you'll probably have to consume another one. Candies can't provide the same recovery similar to a night's worth of sleep, that was obvious. Maybe after this I could ask Lia to invest in some special candies...

Since you neared your limit, you'd have to use your quirk less and only in critical moments. You ruled out ground jumps and stairs, or anything towards easy traveling. Your plan was to save up all your energy in case you needed to execute a large-scale move like arms or altering a floor. They're likely needed in situations like these.

You look up to the high mountain, wondering if it was worth climbing. The chaos that you listened to before is now gone, whatever happened is a mystery. A villain wins and takes a student hostage or a student successfully restrains a villain— you hoped for the latter. Considering the students you've passed by so far, you felt confident that they're safe.

Is there another way to find out..?

A raven head pops from the top, which could belong to anyone. You shout, "Hey! Are you guys alright?!" A villain better not respond...

The person in question turns, you recognize that charming high ponytail belonging to Yaoyorozu. Following was Jiro and a brainless-looking Kaminari. A relieved sigh escapes your lips; you're glad they're okay.

━━━━━━

Talk was cut short by an explosion from the Flood Zone.

BOOM!

And another one.

They did not sound like Bakugo's kind or any regular detonation.

"I'll see you guys later!" They reply with a wave and Kaminari gives two thumbs up.

You knew you were to visit the Conflagration Zone next but you couldn't ignore that. Should I consider those as calls for help? Doesn't that make them important to check?

You stood at the front doors of the burning zone. The boisterous flames could be seen through the red glass, they desperately try to grow in size but the lack of oxygen denies them. You aren't sure if any of the students are inside, but this is the least you could do.

With your quirk you forced open the doors and manipulated the walls to create a large hole. The size was big enough to be obvious but not enough to let the flames out. You hope whoever is stuck inside would find it.

Now that that's out of the way, you ran towards the Flood Zone. There you find a clump of villains in the water, stuck together with what looks like Mineta's sticky balls. Next to them is a split ship, it's halfway sunk. Together with the noise earlier, you could only assume that a fight had happened. With Mineta's quirk in the water, that must mean he was on the ship, but you couldn't tell if he escaped or not.

I never thought I'd be worried for a someone like him...

You watched the villains for a few more seconds, hoping to find more clues without getting into trouble. All they did was struggle against each other. But how did they clump up in the first place? With careful inspection, you notice there are air tanks on their backs along with goggles strapped to their heads. Some even had quirks that were suitable on water.

In other words, well-prepared villains like that shouldn't have defeated so easily. Mineta couldn't have done that by himself— you admit that you underestimate him— so he had to be with another student. Two zones that you've already visited proved that some students were warped in groups so that wasn't an impossibility.

You went back to the villains and they're still trying escape with that same frustrated expressions on their faces. There was no hint of victory: Mineta escaped. The only question left...

Where are they now..?

They sure as hell couldn't stay underwater, and if they drowned their bodies must've washed up by now— damn, that's depressing. Your legs moved on their own and your eyes began scouting immediately. They focus on the edges of the zone, hoping to find anyone, anything, a moving being.

( . . . )

There!

A group of three rises from the lake. They steadily support each other as it seems that they've sustained some injuries. You recognize them to be Tsuyu, Midoriya, and Mineta. They don't leave the waters, instead they make an effort to stay low and hidden, indicating urgency. It might be best not to call out to them.

━━━━━━

Eraserhead continues to fight against many waves of villains relentlessly. It's impressive that he managed to hold them off for this long, yet no one was there to congratulate him— not that he cared anyways. But of course those waves of enemies soon thinned, he finally meets the man that was hidden for the whole ordeal, the same man who took the initial steps from that annoying portal.

The Pro Hero dashes forward and Tomura continues to count down. The villain receives a hard jab to his stomach from Eraserhead's elbow, the momentum he has gathered makes it effective. But as he pulls his arm back, Tomura's hand latches onto it, his touch withering his dark sweater and the layer of skin. To refuse any further damage, Eraserhead punches him in the jaw. A few more villains ambush him, also stopping him from restraining Tomura.

The Handman tumbles on the ground for a moment before recollecting himself. He spouted taunts as he did so, "That quirk of yours... isn't suited for this, right? This is far from your specialty of short-length sneak attacks. With that said..." He brushes off the dirt off his pants. "The reason why you jumped into battle... was to give your students a sense of peace..! You're so cool— so cool you are..!"

A sort of beast appears before the Pro Hero, it seems quite far from being classified as a human. The brain is exposed, bare bloodshot eyeballs, and a strange jaw shaped to be left open together with rocks for teeth. "By the way, hero..."

Its incredibly large large hand reaches for him. "I'm not the favorite here."

CHAPTER 21 END

━━━━━━

a/n:

i know it's better to get lines from the anime

but I can't find them so I used the manga's