twenty

CHAPTER 20: SEE YOU SOON

Your nails dug into your palm. Dammit..!

You wished you were quicker, more agile, enough to easily save 20 students— is it time to be depressed now..?! Leave the pity for later! You snapped back into focus.

However Iida noticed your pained expression and wishes to comfort you, yet he's not confident that he could cheer you up. He has yet to understand the burdens you bear. Uraraka follows his gaze and was about to speak, but he stops her with the shake of his head. Voicing their concerns now wouldn't do good to you, perhaps after this they could. 

Meanwhile the villain stood silently in a corner, gathering back his black mist-like tendrils. It seems like he can't do that move again, you guess everyone has their limits. "He has the ability to attack people with a warp in space! And he can become intangible too... talk about hard to handle!" Sero exclaimed. 

Seven students and a pro hero versus an intangible warping villain... It's unlikely that someone can foretell the outcome without any doubts. The difference in numbers don't prove anything, nor is it reassuring. Both sides don't seem to be balanced in strength either— 

kabam boom! 

. . !

Your rabbit ears twitch in the direction of what sounded like explosions. It was distant and almost too faint to catch, but you could tell it was within the USJ. Thanks to an explosive hothead, you can't say it was the work of a villain. 

"Shuzenji." Thirteen's muffled voice reaches you.

Facing him, you stare at the white ovals that acted as eyes on his space helmet. "Yes?" 

"I have a feeling that the students are still in USJ... Could you please survey the area?" He was trusting you to look over the scattered students. 

Your eyes widen. "What about you?" The villain's quirk was concerning. 

"I'll be fine. Ensuring the students' safety is more important." 

He doesn't hesitate... truly a Pro Hero in action... You nod. "Understood." 

Using your quirk, you bounced off the floor and landed atop one of the pillars that made the entrance. From this vantage point you had a fair view of almost the whole USJ. Other than Aizawa fighting in the Central Plaza, you could see a mix of familiar and unfamiliar figures in some of the zones; Thirteen's prediction was right. The nearest to you are the Storm and Ruins, the former was in a dome so you had no vision of it. Rhythmic explosions came from the latter; Bakugo had to be there.

You jumped off the pillar before a dark tendril got to you.

I won't disappoint!

━━━━━━

Landing in Aizawa's area would only make it difficult for him so you went for the Ruins Zone instead. 

You stand on the roof of a building, it's slanted due to its wrecked lower half. The ground is littered with debris and lost chunks of concrete. You made your way around them as you approached the buildings that managed to stay upright. Dark hunched figures are ahead, telling you that Bakugo must be near. You use your quirk to get there faster, while also avoiding the villains at the entrance.