twenty-two

CHAPTER 22: MY PLAYER 2

It was the weekend, you were just brushing your teeth on a fine morning.

"[f/n]! Did you change your room again?" Chiyo abruptly yells.

You spit before running back to check— "Oh shit..!"

The bed was wider at the edge, your pillow was longer, and the small rug near your bed looked distorted. Everything else was fine, thankfully, it seemed that only the objects you could touch in your sleep were affected. Her steps could be heard, you quickly changed them back and jumped into your bed, acting like nothing happened.

Your door opens. "See? Everything's fine!" You exclaim.

She starts to walk around the room, raising your fear. "We should really check the doctor about that habit of yours, I'm worried for when you get a nightmare."

Chiyo bends down to pick up a sock, which the material was obviously stretched out in a strange way.

"It's just a sock!" You defended. 

━━━━━━

Meanwhile, and much to Kurogiri's dismay, Tenya successfully escapes USJ to call for help. Following his failure, he is forced to warn his leader. Their plans are ruined; they knew that those Pro Heroes would come in no time. He easily warps to central and gives his report.

"...I'm afraid that the few I could not scatter managed to overcome me... resulting in one escaping with his life." He finished.

Tomura reacts as expected: grunting complaints, his nails hastily scraping his dry and scaly skin, as if it could solve his problems— similar to a child throwing a fit. Combined with the lifeless hands that are latched to his limbs, the scene was unsightly. His frustration only grows while everyone waits anxiously for his next move.

"It's game over... Agh... It's game over... for now." 

━━━━━━

What..?! What is that..?!

The large creature has Eraserhead pinned effortlessly on the cold concrete. One of its large scarred arms dislocate the Pro Hero's right elbow, the exposed cracks leak blood and splatter all over. The broken yellow goggles indicate the past attempts to escape weren't successful, and yet he still perseveres...

The creature smashes Eraserhead's face against the concrete, another punishment for struggling again. It brings his head back up to reveal the blood running down his face. You knew losing that much blood was serious and he needed some sort of treatment immediately.

Before you could speak, you instantly put a hand to your mouth, deciding against it. You may be the nearest person to give medical attention, but now wasn't the right time and you can't help that. Students were nearby, you couldn't risk their lives; you knew Eraserhead would've thought the same.

They had nervous looks and their bodies shook in fear. You wished they weren't so near to the scene; you worry that they'll get noticed and complicate things. Taking a breath, you quickly yet quietly dove into the water and headed in their direction, while also hoping nothing happens as you're underwater.