six

CHAPTER 6: BEST FOR YOU 

incorrigible

adj. not corrigible; bad beyond correction or reform

Newspaper Issue #264. 

2 UNCONSCIOUS MEN FOUND MERGED WITH AN ALLEY.

When officers arrived at the scene, they find their surroundings strangely distorted, as if someone reformed the area like it was soft dough. The ground was uneven, with most of its matter rearranged to focus on pinning the two men to the walls. The new form it took resembled that of a pair of hands...

Chiyo sighs in relief. "You're lucky we were able to cover you up."

On the other hand, you sigh in disappointment. "Aw, did they really? That should have been my Quirk's debut!"

She massages her temples. "Instead of celebrating, you should hurry onto rehabilitation. You're extremely behind on your studies."

"Tch! Schoolwork is easy! I'm going to breeze right through everything!" You say confidently.

━━━━━━

And that you did.

For another year, you easily covered your second and third junior high years simultaneously, while also committing to rehabilitation. You were unstoppable, and somehow a different person from before the incident. Chiyo noticed this, but unfortunately couldn't see it as a negative. She thought that these emotional and mental changes was something you wanted for yourself, so there wasn't anything wrong with it.

On the other hand of your studies and recuperation, your abilities are worth noting. With your academic prowess, you were what the world would call a "prodigy". But alas, due to the limitations of your recovery, only those who visit you and the hospital knew that.

This made Chiyo wonder what motivations you had, and especially your goals for the future.

She watches you hungrily nibble the riceballs, with a curious look in her eyes. Your left leg was no longer bandaged and hanging from the bed, which was the result of all your hard work. 

"[f/n], where do you plan to go for high school?"

You pause to think. "Any regular school is fine."

"How about U. A.?" 

. . . 

Your lips purse and you look to the side in distaste. "I'm sure I made things clear when we first met..."

That past conversation echoes through her mind.

"You're... You're a Hero, aren't you?!"
"Yes. Yes I am."
"Then get out of my sight."