three

CHAPTER 3: YOU FUEL ME

"Hello... My name is Shuzenji [f/n]."

The girl from earlier came forward and took your hands, squeezing them a bit too harshly.

"[f/n]-chan, then. What's your quirk?"

You freeze up. "I... don't have one."

"Ehh?! You're joking right?"

"That's so lame."

Hazaki from behind walks up and takes the girl's hands off yours.

"Let's all play ball now," he says, saving you and the mood from being ruined.

━━━━━━

But eventually, everyone found out.

Everyone.

This lead to you being alone every day, everyone avoiding you, and deeming you insignificant. There would also be bullies, who took pleasure in humiliating you. They would take your stuff, verbally abuse you, and use their quirks against you.

And yet, you still went to school.

You couldn't believe that you've held up this far, but it's all thanks to Hazaki. Whenever he is nearby, he would do his best to stop things from getting too serious, always settling things peacefully and quite easily due to how much respect he has. He may be saving everyone he finds, but when it comes to you, you felt special. He was known for his charming cloud-like quirk, good looks, personality, and his exceptional grades. He practically took over elementary. To you, and probably to everyone else too, he was perfect.

You had a 'crush' on him.

That term, you weren't very familiar with, but you've heard a few girls talk about it in the restroom. It was what you used to explain what you felt for him. Fuzzy and warm, he makes you really happy, but you could never look at him or be near him for so long. Especially when he saves you, when he's kind to you, you can't help but think that he likes you somehow.

He was the one who befriended you when you first arrived, so you thought, that has to mean something, right?

Yet the two of you quickly grew distant, leaving you to admire him from a distance, never finding the confidence to approach him yourself.

It did hurt, to never talk to him, and for him to not acknowledge you as a friend anymore, but you get what you are given, and that was what helped you live through each day.

━━━━━━ 

"I'm home," you whisper, and the door behind you closes with a click.

You take off your shoes and left your socks on. The familiar texture of wooden boards eased you, they sounded with your steps. You could hear the sink running, telling you that she came home early. Your [e/c] orbs meet with hers. She held a teapot in her hands and was still in her costume, you assume she soon had to go back to work.

"Where are your bandages?" She asks.

You brought a hand to your throat, not feeling the white strips of cloth that should be there.