four

a/n:

wow I like cliche and vanilla stuff

━━━━━━

CHAPTER 4: I LIKE YOU

"Everyone, I'll be going out to get some copies in the staffroom. I expect all of you to continue working while I'm gone," the science teacher says.

"Yes sir!"

And the door closes.

After a minute, a lot of the students started chatting with each other. They were obviously not going to listen.

You turn to your partner with a smirk. "Psst. Shinsou-san."

He looks your way without turning his head. "Hmm..?"

"Can you try it on me?"

His eyebrows scrunch in confusion. "Try what?"

"Your quirk."

He finally turns to you, glaring. "No."

Why would she ask me that..? She trusts people too easily...

You pout. "Come on..! Do it before the teacher comes back."

"Why do you want to be brainwashed?"

"I want to know what it's like—"

! ! !

You suddenly feel empty and couldn't sense control of your limbs.

Woah, I think... He did it..!

"Put a hand to your face," he commands.

You watch yourself obey him when you didn't even consider it.

"Now, slap yourself."

Wait wh—

! ! !

Your body jolts up at the pain on your cheek.

"Ow..!" You brought a hand to rub the spot.

"Welcome back." Shinsou casually says.

You hiss when it stings from your touch. "Thanks but can you adjust the power of the slap next time? Jeez..."

He smiles. "How was it?"

"It felt like someone took the wheel, tied me up, and made me watch from the backseat."

He chuckles. "That's an interesting way to put it."

━━━━━━ 

Time went by fast again.

And with your repetitive schedule, you didn't notice.

For schooldays: you wake up, go to school to see Hazaki, watch Hazaki walk home, then sleep. For weekends, it has a lot less of Hazaki, which depresses you until Monday.

School was nothing more than a place to find Hazaki. You only kept your grades high enough to pass and stop teachers from taking away any of your free time. Of course there were bullies to deal with too, but you let them do what they wanted to raise your chances of being saved, especially by Hazaki. You never once thought it was wrong, because you'd willingly take any hit for your crush, even when no one saves you...

It was an obsession you thought was okay (when it really wasn't).

You thought now that you were off the streets, you needed to find a reason to live. And you found a certain white-haired cloud boy, who's nice to everyone, no matter if they had a quirk or not. He was your reason, and your life.