ten

CHAPTER 10: BETTER THAN EVER 

"Today's the day!"

You look at your outfit in with your mirror. Black and white striped shorts, a fitting white sleeveless crop top, short red socks that was made from your hair, and black sneakers. On top of it all was a red trench coat, and your flip phone in a pocket. 

"All right! Time to kick ass!" You say, before heading out your bedroom.

You find a note on the table, next to a covered meal that still looked warm.

DON'T BE TOO CRAZY — CHIYO

━━━━━━

Through multiple screens, the U.A. Faculty watches the Practical Exam unfold.

"[f/n]-chan is on screen!" Midnight cheers.

"You shouldn't play favorites," Eraser Head scolds, although he favored you too. 

You take off your red coat and let out a few stretches, when everyone was already running to defeat as much robots as they can. Your black sneakers were off too, leaving you with your custom red socks.

"Thank you again Lia, for these cool socks," you mutter.

The candidates wonder why you seemed so carefree, when it really was the opposite. Your eyes and ears were sensitive, the vigilant state you've perfected was switched on.

With your feet on the ground, you use your quirk to link with the asphalt ground of the mock city.

CONNECTED

You compress the area where you stood, and then released it so you could launch yourself in the air. You break the link.

DISCONNECTED

For the few seconds that you were in the air, you scanned the area and checked the conditions of each candidate. Everyone looked to be doing fine until—

There!

You spot someone right under a weakened arm of 1P Bot. Sparks fly from its joints, telling you that it was about to break. You rush over to their area, manipulating the terrain by turning them into your trampolines.

BZZZ   BZZ   BZZT!

The joint malfunctions, and produces a small explosion. The forearm separates, and you watch the candidate look up in horror. But you arrive just in time, jumping off the roof and kicking the hazardous scrap away from them. 

The Faculty were amazed.

"Wow! What exceptional foresight!"

"She arrived just on time!"

"That's my [f/n]-chan~!"