Chapter Eighteen : Margarita

A few minutes of searching later, I climb back up the stairs and bumps into Five, Klaus and Diego.

"No sign of Vanya."

"She's not in any of the rooms."

"She's not downstairs, either."

"Maybe she's at her apartment?" I ask, placing a hand on my hip.

"I agree. We should go there now," Five said, readying to walk down the stairs.

"Well, I'm out," Diego pats Klaus' shoulder, heading towards his room.

"Wait."

"Where are you going? Vanya's still out there. And so are Hazel and Cha-Cha," Five tries to reason with Diego, stopping him in his tracks.

"I know. I'm gonna get my things and then I'm outta here. I got some unfinished business with those fools," the batman said, walking away as he did.

"Should... Should we stop him?" I ask, pointing my fingers at Diego's direction.

"It'd be better if we don't." I nod, silently agreeing with Five's decision.

"Hey, did Dad say anything about the apocalypse when you spoke to him? Any clues as to how it happened?" Five turns to Klaus, bombarding him with a few questions.

"No. No clues. Truly terrific shave. But no clues."

Five sighs, almost scoffing before storming away downstairs.

"Jeez."

"You know, come to think of it, he did mentioned something about my potential, and how I've barely even scratched the surface of my--"

"How did he know about the apocalypse?"

I watch as Five cuts Klaus from upstairs, leaning my body against the balcony. Clearly, Five's mind is too clouded to even listen to whatever it is his brother trying to inform him. Maybe I can ask him what's it about later.

"I don't know, but listen. This whole jumping through time thing of yours, how did... how did you know how to do that?"

I hear as they conversation from downstairs slowly fades away. Well, actually, I'm zoning out. My head is full of things to be worried about. Aside from learning the fact that Five is my soulmate, I am more worried about the apocalypse threatening to happen in 2 days. Though it may have seem to have stopped, I don't think the same thing at all. I mean, Vanya is missing, and I--

I snap back to reality as I hear glass shattering downstairs. I sprint down the stairs, my mind running with every possibilities possible. I look down to the two Hargreeves, my feet standing on the third step of the stairs from the ground.

"I heard glass shattering. What happened?"

"Oh, it's nothing. Just Five here letting go off some things," Klaus shrugged, folding his arms as he watch Five intensely. "Some things he have been obsessed with."

I scratched my eyebrow absentmindedly, still not moving from my ground.

"Oh. Alright."

I catch Five staring intensely at me, almost as if he's trying to say something but his mind was running too fast that he couldn't choose the correct words to utter.

As he realised he's been staring at me for too long now, he snapped out of it back before limping his way towards the bar. I let out a sigh before turning my attention towards Klaus.

"Hey, you have time to talk?" I ask, receiving a "sure, yeah" expression from Klaus. I sat down on the steps, letting my feet hanging down the descending stairs.