Chapter Thirty Three : "Luther just lectured me."

Jumping out of the car, I slam the door shut as we arrived back at the alleyway. I lean through the window to get my whip first before I walk away.

"Sky, come on! I don't mean it that way. You know I don't. I was just overwhelmed with everything and with you yelling at me, it just sort of slips out."

"So don't get overwhelmed next time," I smiled sarcastically before making my way towards the back alley.

"Skylar!"

"Hah!" I exclaimed as I stopped in my track and shutting his mouth, "Sort of slips out? Is that what happened the other times then?"

I turn around, watching him staring at me with those pleading eyes.

I hate it.

"Look, I don't want to do this right now. Call me emotional or dramatic for all I care, but I don't want to talk," I sigh, glancing at the wristwatch in my hand. "Especially now that we have less than 10 minutes before we loss our only opportunity to get back home at the moment. You know, like you said."

Five sighs out of frustration before running towards the dumpster he hid the briefcase before. I lean my body against a wall, watching him pulling out the briefcase while waiting for the others. I sigh as Luther shows up a few seconds later. Definitely not who I expected to shows up the earliest, so this was impressive for me.

"Hey."

I lift my head at him slightly, returning his greetings.

"Where is everyone?" he asked as he realised that the alley was unexpectedly empty.

"You're the first."

"What?"

"Yeah."

I bit my thumb nail as I watch Klaus walking... oddly towards us. It's almost as if he is getting possessed while having a seizures. I wonder if it is Ben's doing.

"We made it!" Klaus cheered, still acting weird.

"What do you mean, we?"

"We, as in him and Ben," I explained.

"Get out!"

"Fight him, Ben!" I chant, receiving weird glances from Five and Luther.

My face dropped as Klaus throws up white liquid-- a whole lot of it-- to the side. Thank God I was standing far, far away from there. I do not have the energy to change into a new set of clothing.

"Eww..."

"I can't believe it. I mean, you're here," Luther said as Klaus collapsed to the ground, panting heavily as he does so.

"We've got 8 minutes left," Five said, starting to pace anxiously.

"I just had the strangest dream," Klaus whimpers randomly from the ground, making me shaking my head slightly.

"Where are the others?"

"Well, maybe they're appreciating their partners and not insulting them," I said, receiving an eye roll from Five.

"Let's just wait. We still got 8 and a half minutes left," I sigh before leaning myself against the wall once more.

♡︎♡︎♡︎

"We've got a minute left!"

I flinched as Luther punches the dumpster.

"No shit."

"What's going on, guys?" Klaus, with hoarsed voice, asked from the ground. "Are we going somewhere?"

"We were gunna go home, but," I answered, "Your bloody siblings wouldn't show up at a simple deadline."