Chapter Thirty Seven : "I'm too young and pretty to die."

(Okay but imagine Five glaring at you like that like nnh 😩)

A soft gasp slips through my lips as I see what was happening right in front of my eye. It's snowing. In Texas. And the weirdest thing is there was this huge cloud, coming from Sissy's barn and towering over the area. I think it's probably what's causing the snowing.

"The hell?"

"My thoughts exactly," I agreed with Diego, never taking my eyes off the scene.

I immediately shiver as I stepped out of the car. Because of this, I went back to the car and grab my backpack, pulling out my cloak from it.

"Well, this is odd," I breathe as I put on my dark grey cloak, "The weather today is much more bipolar than Draco."

"Yeah? You think whatever's going on inside is causing the cold front?" Diego asked from my right.

I shift my gaze to Five. He locks eyes with me for a second before turning his head to Diego.

"Well, the correlation is high."

Soon my eye catches a woman that is probably in her 30s rushing out of the barn. With a riffle.

I immediately draw my wand at her, glaring darkly at her.

"Get back!" she shouts.

"Sissy, Sissy! No, Sky, don't!"

Vanya's breathless scream is the only thing that's blocking me from attacking Sissy. Slowly, I lower my wand back to my side.

"All of you, get the hell back!"

Though, as she didn't lower her riffle even an inch, I raise my wand once again.

"Expelliarmus!"

"Sky, what are you doing?!" Vanya snaps her head at me, her face beet red.

"Relax, I'm just disarming her. I'm not harming her at all," I roll my eyes. I bend down and pick up the riffle, tugging it tightly on my side.

Vanya shakes her head before turning back to Sissy. "What's wrong?"

Sissy took a step back, obviously startled by the spell casted at her. She took a breath before shifting her attention fully on Vanya.

"Carl," she breathes.

"What did he do to you?" Vanya asked, her voice is dripping with worry.

"He's... He's dead. Harlan tossed him aside like a rag doll, same way you sent those policemen flyin'. What did you do to him?"

"No--"

"What the hell did you do to my son?" she asked firmly, her voice didn't shake this time. I would truly admire this, if it weren't because her accusing Vanya.

"Ma'am, with all due respect, Vanya didn't do anything that would harm your son. In fact, we're here to help him. To help Harlan," I say, locking my gaze with her.

"Look, Sissy, I found my family," Vanya's voice break our contact. "These are my brothers and my sister. And a very good friend of mine."

"Ma'am," Luther nods politely at Sissy. Speaking of, she seemed cooled down a little as realisation hit her.

"Were you lyin' to me this whole time?" Sissy asked Vanya, her voice quivering slightly.

"Of course not," softly, Vanya steps closer towards her, trying to gain her trust.

"Look, I didn't know who I was," she continues as she felt like she was close enough. "But I do now. And we are not the monsters that they say we are. We did not kill the president. We're not terrorists. We're not here to hurt anyone."