Chapter Twenty Five : "Jeez, There's No Need To Be So Loud"

"Is it on?"

"I don't know."

I exhaled as I stare at the video playing in front of us. It shows an old lady standing on the grassy knoll.

"What do you mean? There's an "on" button. Just-- There's something over-- that jigga-ma-thing, whatever."

"I hit the jigga-ma-thing."

"Okay, well, just--"

I glance over at the sound of Elliott's shifting in his seat, looking down at Lila painting his toe nail. I shrug as I saw the ropes tieing along the man's body, not understanding the purpose of tying him up at all.

"Give it to me, I know how to do this."

"Alright, here. Hurry up."

"Okay, alright. Let's see..."

"They're so cute," Lila said as the chattering continues in the film. "I love old couples. I'm always so proud of them for not murdering each other."

I knit my brows together at her, wanting to add this in my "Lila Pitt's suspicious behaviours" list, but to think about it, she did just got out of mental hospital. Break out of mental hospital.

"Why are we watching this?" Diego ask lazily from the counter, glancing at Five.

"Shush."

"Yeah, I... I'm Dan Frankel. And..."

"I'm Edna Frankel."

"...Edna Frankel. We are in Dallas, Texas, to see the president. Today's date is November 22, 1963."

"Well, that's six days from now," Lila points out, finally paying attention to the film.

"Obviously," I exhaled, not letting my eyes off the footage.

"Holy shit. This is it. The grassy knoll. Kennedy's about to get shot," Diego said, rising up from the counter. "How do you have this?"

"Hazel died to get me this footage. It must be the key to stopping doomsday."

"Hazel?"

"Long story."

"What's doomsday?"

"Longer story."

I shift uneasily in my ground, pressing my lips together as I payed attention towards the film playing in front of us.

"What exactly did he say to you?" Diego ask, lines forming on his forehead.

"Well, he was killed before he could explain. But whatever he wanted us to see, it's on this film," Five answered, his voice dripping with uneasiness.

"This is very exciting."

I inhaled sharply as gunshots can be heard from the film, followed by the sound of people shouting.

"Bloody hell, wait, wait, wait, wait, I think I saw something," I say, gesturing Five to rewind the film. "Okay, stop," I instructed, pointing my finger towards a familiar figure standing in the film. "Look."

Five pulled the camera a few steps backwards, walking close to the white sheet as he did.

"This can't be."

"Okay, you're gonna fill me in now, guys? What the hell is this shit we're watching?"

I shushed Lila, holding up a finger towards her. Diego, Five and I walk closer to the sheet, observing the man standing oddly still and calm there.