Chapter Twenty : Super Star

In a blink of an eye, I found myself standing outside a bowling place with a huge cardboard sign on top of it.

Super Star Lanes Bowling

"Should we go in first?" I ask, glancing at the uneasy Five.

"We should probably wait for the others," he says shakily, tapping his foot against the ground a couple of times. I nod, staring at his anxious behaviour.

I let out a soft sigh before bringing a hand to his, squeezing it lightly.

"We're going to be fine. Alright?" I smiled, running my thumb across his knuckle. He simply nod, starting to calm down a little.

Soon after, the remaining of the Hargreeves siblings arrived. I let out a worried sigh before I make my way into the bowling place.

Allison and Luther registered us in while we picked a lane. We weren't really planning on playing, but you would need a cover when you're planning something quite big.

Settling down in our seats, I watch as Five puts on his bowling shoe. I chuckled softly, catching his attention.

"What?"

"Nothing. Just... never would've thought I'd see Five Hargreeves in a bowling shoe," I giggled, making him rolling his eyes at me.

"Aren't you going to take a pair?" he said, resting his body against the chair as he finished tieing up those ridiculous shoe.

"Big no. It's ugly. Besides, we're not here to really play. My boots are fine," I pursued my lips, tapping my fingers against my thigh as I wait patiently for the two pair.

After Luther and Allison finally joined us, we took our first turns before beginning to discuss.

"Look, I hate to be the one to say this, but everyone needs to prepare," Luther starts, his leader complex kicking inside.

"For what?"

"To do whatever it takes to stop Vanya."

Allison hits Luther in his chest with her notebook, glaring at him angrily.

"I-- We may not have a choice, Allison."

"Bullshit. There's always options," Diego state, and I couldn't help but agree with that.

"Yeah, like what?" Five ask as he leans his body close to Diego, glaring at his brother slightly.

"We can try to talk her out of it. After all, she's still your sister," I suggest, shifting my gaze on every one of the Hargreeves.

"Look, whatever we decide, we need to find Vanya. And fast, okay? She could be anywhere."

"Or... here," Klaus says after a while, showing us the content of the newspaper. I squeeze myself in between the grown ups, reading the headline.

ST. PLUVIUM
CHAMBER ORCHESTRA

"That's right. Her concert is tonight."

"Hello."

Suddenly, a high-pitched voice cuts in, stealing our attention away from the newspaper.

"I hate to intrude, but my manager says if you're not gonna bowl, you gotta leave," the female worker say politely before leaving. The said manager slams a pair of bowling shoes onto the counter, his face showing that he's not happy with having us here.

"Whose turn is it?"

"Oh, for..." Luther picked up a ball and angrily throws it to the lanes. It landed with a strike, alright, but it was on somebody else's.