Chapter Twenty Three : "Holy shit. You're pathetic"

As we landed, I swiftly rip my hand off Five's grasp. This results in the brunet to furrows his brows at me, while his mouth slightly agape.

"I'm not going anywhere until you tell me what the bloody hell is happening," I state, folding my arms tightly.

"Technically, you've already gone somewhere," Five replied, tilting his head towards the Psychiatric Hospital in front of us.

Fuck.

Rolling my eyes, I changed my statement through my gritted teeth. "Fine. I won't go anywhere starting from now until you tell me what is happening."

Five sighs, "Okay."

I fold my arms, shifting my weight to one side as I wait for his explanation.

"I didn't exactly arrived here first. I arrived on November 23rd, 1963, and I saw war happening in front of my eyes."

He paused to let out another sigh,

"It's happening again, Sky. There is a nuclear war going to happen in ten days, and ends the world with it. It's happening again."

I exhaled heavily, looking down to my shoes while still folding my arms.

"Fuck," I breathe, "This is a disgrace, but that's not what I meant."

Five clears his throat at this, shifting around nervously.

"I don't know what you're talking about," he says, putting his hands inside his pockets while averting his gaze.

There he goes again.

"Who are you fooling?" I ask, my voice raising an octave. "I know you know that I know. Why are you still trying to hide it?"

"If you already knew," he grunts, glaring at me slightly for raising my voice, "Why are you still asking, then?"

"Because I want to hear it from you."

He chuckles,

"Do you feel the same way, then?"

"I--"

I open my mouth to answer, but nothing seems to come out. My tongue ftoze as I think of a response,

"I-- uhm,"

He nods knowingly, throwing his arms up in the sky before heading inside.

I didn't even try to stop him. He's not going to listen anyways.

I sighed heavily before I follow after him, thinking of how unlucky we are these past few days. We just made up from our past argument, and now we're heated again.

It wasn't any of our fault now, though. Five is facing a one sided love, and I'm too pressured with family matters, saving the world, being apart from my loved ones to figure out my feelings.

And now, finding out that the soulmate I thought was platonic is actually in love with me... It's messing me up.

I danced my fingers on the lobby counter as I continue thinking.

For one, I've never been in love. As a child, I was feared by everyone, both because of my family records and because of my abilities. The only few person that would dare make an eye contact with me was my parents' friends' children, but they can be count with my ten fingers.

And getting stuck in an apocalypse just when I reached my puberty... I really didn't have time to fall in love as the only person I'm stuck with is an arrogant bastard who'd take years to let his walls down.