Chapter Nineteen : Delores

Soon, Diego finally wakes up. We have been staring at him being unconscious all the while finishing our drink.

"Good, you're up. Ready for a drink now?"

I snickered at Five's sarcasm, not letting my gaze off Diego. The batman quickly shot up from the ground, looking around frantically for a certain someone.

"Where is he?" he asks.

"We let him go."

"You what?" Diego stalks closer to us threateningly, looking obviously furious.

"Now that the apocalypse is over, it's time for the fighting to stop," Five calmly states, leaning his body against the bar. Diego, however, is still holding his grudge against the two assassin, quickly picks up his knife that is covered in Hazel's blood. This Patch person must be really important to him.

"He didn't kill Patch, Diego. His partner did," I state, trying to stop him from causing anymore harm.

"So what?" Diego snaps, a pained look visible in his face. "They were both there that night."

"This half of the partnership gave me both of their guns. Which will clear you, because the ballistics will match Patch's crime scene," Five says based on facts, not breaking eye contact with his brother as he does. "Hazel came here for a way out. He wanted a fresh start. And he happened to have in his possession the only thing that could do our family a little good. So it's time to move on."

"Not a chance." Diego breathes, and I can't help but chuckle a little at that.

"Wow, that's a little immature. Even for you, Diego," I say, folding my arms as I do.

Five just simply shrugged, picking up Delores from the bar. "Suit yourself."

Taking one last deep sip into my margarita, I hop off my seat.

"I am curious. Your girlfriend, Patch. What did you like about her?"

I glance at Five holding out his hand at me, accepting it without any question anyways.

"A lot of things. Cute butt. Nice legs."

I frown at Diego's statement, fake gagging for a moment. "Is that all you boys look for in a woman's appearance? That's sad."

"Anything a little more profound than that?" Five rolls his eyes, clearly also disgusted with his brother's answer.

Diego stares at us blankly for a moment, before parting his lips slightly. "She believed in people. No matter how much shit and filth she saw on the streets. She always find the good inside."

"Sounds like Patch was a good person," I say, placing a hand on my hip.

"Well, I'm sure she'll be proud to know that you're killing Hazel and Cha Cha as a way to honor her memory," Five slips a sarcastic comment before walking away, pulling me with him since our hands are interlocked together.

On our way upstairs, the mansion seems to shake a little. I thought it was an earthquake, both Five and I stopped in our tracks. Soon, the rumble fades away, and things got back to normal.

"What the hell was that?" I question, locking my eyes with Five.

"I don't know. But I'm sure it's nothing. Come on."

I nod, putting my trust in him. We walk away, stopping into Five's bedroom just to grab the duffle bag we "borrowed" from the Gimbel Brothers and my backpack. Placing Delores into the bag, Five grabs my wrist and jumps us in front of the said shop.

We step into the shop, walking up straight to the empty display stage ahead. I'd say they fixed the damage pretty quickly, considering it has only been days since the shooting happened.