Chapter Twenty Eight : Valhalia

We stood there dumbfounded, still trying to process that the man we're trying to reach is in the car that's skidding away.

"You know, I'm starting to get the feeling Dad's avoiding us," Five turns to Diego.

"Well, I would too, to be honest," I say, wincing as I feel my left upper arm stings.

Feeling eyes burning into me I pick my head up to them.

"What? We broke into his office, Diego attempted an attack to him, and we crashed his super secret meeting," I fold my arms, speaking rationally. Once again, my upper arms acts up. Well, this time, I feel liquid dripping from it.

Shit.

"Hate to be the boring one, guys, but, uh, it's time we get the hell out of here," Lila sighs.

I foled my arms at this, staring at the gurl sceptically while standing still on my ground.

She helped Five rather than her lover just now.

"When you say we, who exactly were you referring to?" Five ask, and I secretly cheered at this. It's about bloody time someone confront her.

"Not a lot of ambiguity in that sentence," the crazy lady responded. She tries not to make it obvious that she's panicking, but I can tell that she is loosing it.

"Listen, I don't know who you are or where you came from, but whatever it is, I'd advice you to return posthaste," Five growls, not once letting his glare off of her.

"She's right, Five, we gotta get outta here."

I hold a hand up to Diego, stopping him from taking a step closer to us.

"While she is right about that, I still would not trust her," I said. Diego raises an eyebrow at me, allowing a frustrated groan to escape my throat.

"Think about it, Diggy. She'd rather help Five than helping you. She'd leave you to die because she would want to help Five the most. You were getting choked to death back there, and she'd look at you in the eye and walk away," I take a step closer to him, holding both of his shoulder to face me.

"Open your eyes, batman. Think."

"I just saved your life, you kinder-shit. If I hadn't stepped in, all that would be left of you is a blazer and some bloody socks. And your girlfriend wasn't even there to help you."

I shot my head around to Lila, hissing to her through my gritted teeth.

"Ex fucking cuse me?" I chuckled maniacally, "I was there, you do-gooder! Oh, and we were doing just fine, alright. You could've help your damn boyfriend right here, but no, you decided to help his brother. Tell me, crazy lady, if I hadn't used my invisibility and you could clearly see me, would you still help us?"

A glint of satisfaction tug in my heart as I watch Lila's face dropped. Clearly she did not expect that.

"Yeah, that's the problem," Five agreed with me, stepping over to my side. "You're too good. You ask too many questions. You know too much. And you fight like you know what you're doing."

"They both got a point."

"So I know how to handle myself, and that makes me the bad guy?"

"Mmm, yes. Yes it does," I hum sarcastically.

"Whoever you are, you're in our way. If I see you again, I will kill you," Five spat before storming away.

"And be grateful if it was him that sees you first," I throw Lila one last dirty look before running after Five.