Chapter Twenty Seven : The Majestic Twelve

"So, what, you just let her go?"

"Well, Vanya had a lot to process," Five sighs as he walks around the room with the invitation in his hand. "She'll come around. I know she will."

"What about the guys that went after her?" Diego ask.

"The Swedes?"

"Yeah, I mean, how do you know they won't go after her again?"

"That's a... valid question," I say as I walk into the room with a green dress I picked from Elliott's ex wife's wardrobe. It's alot longer than my past one, easy to walk in and also really cute.

"Oh, Ellie, you don't mind, do you?"

"No, not at all."

I flash him a thankful smile before walking up to the others. I can see Five's gaze on me, and he widens his eyes a little as I adjusted my hair and the dress, but he soon recovers by clearing his throat and sipping onto his coffee.

Alright, then.

"Any idea who sent them?" Lila ask as she took a sip of coffee Elliott served. I throw a look at the two, seeing as how she's laying on Diego's chest...

These two definitely fucked.

"Oh, I have my suspicions," Five says as he settles down the chair in front of them, "But right now, our priority is to find dad and getting answers, 'cause everything else depends on it."

"Which, for the record, I found him."

"And lost him at the same time," I say, receiving a glare from Diego.

"He stabbed me."

"I'm suprised he waited this long, Diego. We've all had the urge."

I snorted, openly agreeing with that.

"Good one," Lila laughs, holding up a hand to offer a high five with Five, to which he just stares back at her without returning the gesture. And by the look on his face, I know there is only one thing on his mind right now.

The crazy lady is not what we think she is.

And I think so, too.

"Good thing I know where Dad's gonna be tonight," he said, handing Diego the invitation I found the other night.

"Where'd you get this?"

"Found it at his office while he was busy stabbing you."

"Ha-Ha," Diego laughs sarcastically, before reading the invitation out loud.

"Hoyt Hillenkoetter and the Consulate General of Mexico in Dallas cordially invite you to a Gala."

"Whoa, wait," Elliott holds up his finger after Diego reads the words out loud. "Hoyt Hillenkoetter? Are you serious? You know him?"

"No, why? Who is he?" I ask, watching Elliott confusingly.

"We should go," Lila gasp, suggesting the obvious. "Says there's gonna be a seafood tower."

"No, Hillenkoetter is... is one of the Majestic Twelve."

"The what?"

"It's a... a secret committee. Uh, scientists, military, uh, deep state. No one knows what they really do," Elliott explained briefly. He walks to his work table, going through the papers on the messy surface.

"Wait, so they're government?"

Here we go.

"I'm pretty sure they're not that type of government, Diego. Calm your shit down," I say, rolling my eyes out of annoyance.