Chapter Thirty Six : The End of Something

"...Authorities are asking for help identifying several persons of interest at Dealey Plaza at the time of assassination."

I shift uncomfortably next to Five as we all, excluding Klaus who is apparently sleeping upstairs in late Elliott's bedroom, forcing ourselves to watch the news as soon as we escaped from the event.

"The FBI believes they may have been acting in concert with the alleged shooter, Lee Harvey Oswald."

"Vanya Hargreeves, wanted with the deaths of several FBI agents inside the federal building at Dealey Plaza."

Badass.

"A Cuban exile known only as Diego..."

"Cuban?" Diego growls softly from my left.

"...who recently escaped from the Holbrook Sanitarium."

"A bare-knuckle boxer with suspected mafia ties who fights under the alias of King Kong."

"Allison Chesnut, a negro radical responsible for instigating and organising the recent riots at Stadtler's lunch counter."

"And finally, Klaus, the controversial cult leader and known tax evader."

"The FBI is asking the public to be on the lookout for these unidentified children, who they believe is being held hostage by the suspected terrorist network..."

"Well, it's true," Five shrugs. "I do feel like I'm being held hostage most days."

"Of all the good angles they could've caught, they chose that one? I don't even look like me," I frown, secretly cursing the media for choosing such photo of me. And Five.

"I know, right? I hate that photo of me," Diego agrees with me, though his voice and facial expression still seems pretty shaken up.

"They're saying I instigated the riot?" Allison scoffed, "That's unbelievable."

"Look, the good news is that we restored the timeline and we stopped doomsday," Luther voices out, trying to be the only positive source in this tense air.

"Not yet," I sigh, "Until we finally get out of here, this timeline-- we're gonna sabotage the timeline even more."

"Yeah, a bunch of goddamn heroes. We let Kennedy die."

I silently agree with Diego. Well, the first part mostly. Heroes? More like whores with daddy issues and hero complexes.

"Yeah, and now we're officially the most wanted people in the world. The FBI is after us, the Dallas police, the Secret Service. It's only a matter of time before they hunt us down here."

I groan softly. I am honestly getting so tired of being on the run for most of our life. I just want this to end so I can spend the rest of my life in peace.

"Well, where are we supposed to go?"

"I have this yurt just outside Reykjavik," I gasped softly as Klaus' voice suddenly rang into the air. When did he even wake up? I'm getting deja vu.

"We could totally lay low there. Folks there are a little weird, but lovely."

"Hey, numbnuts," Five calls him out, using his infamous talent of placing random nicknames for people around him. "Hiding is not gonna make a difference here. The Commission will hunt us down wherever and whenever we go."

I groan again. Of course. The Commission. How can I forget about them?

"He's right. They'll never stop."