six

"It was never meant to be."

Those words were the only thing swimming in everyone's head, like fish spinning in circles around the glass.

You all sat in the van, far away from those villains. Everyone was distraught. You lost so much gear, you were without any means to protect yourself.

You held Tubbo and Tommy in your arms, as all three of you just clung onto each other, not saying a word. Tubbo looked on the verge of tears, Tommy looked so confused and enraged, and you had a look of sympathy and pity.

You felt miserable, not only for the events that sparked.. but for your friends. They looked so lost and bewildered. A betrayal, by someone who was close to them. A stab in the chest.

Wilbur was helping Fundy with wrapping bandages around his wounds, after Fundy had helped Wilbur do the same. Once Wilbur was done, he sighs.

"...What are we gonna do?"

There was more silence after Wilbur spoke. Fundy looked up at Wilbur, having an expression of concern.

"We can get a lot of the stuff back, I'm sure! We might just.. need to rethink how we go about this-"

"Eret was on our side, Fundy. And he betrayed us."

Wilbur and Fundy look over to Tommy in surprise. You and Tubbo also looked taken back by his words, and Tommy decided to stand up.

"We lost a team member, all because he decided to side with those dickheads! Why?! Why did he go over to Dream and think his side was better?! The side that's taking away everyone's freedom!"

Tubbo started to shake, and you tried to hold him closer to calm him down. He tried to speak to Tommy.

"We shouldn't dwell on Eret's betrayal-"

"Just WHY?! What went through his head to reconsider?! Was he always a spy?! Was he always siding with those assholes?! What- WHAT WAS THE REASON?!"

Wilbur was about to reach a hand out to Tommy, but Fundy stopped him. Tommy was breathing heavily after he ranted, small tears in his eyes. He shakes his head, wiping his eyes as he storms out the van.

The slam of the door make you and Tubbo flinch, and he looks at you with worry. Wilbur only stares at the door, heartbroken.

"Tommy.."

Fundy puts a hand on Wilbur's shoulder, making him turn to his son.

"Let him calm down, dad.. he might need time alone."

You looked off to the door, and Tubbo could see your expression. He knew what you were thinking.

"...(Y/N), you should leave him be.."

"But.."

You sigh, and turn to Tubbo.

"I can't, I'll be worried sick over him."