thirty five

"He's okay, (Y/N). He's with Techno."

The moment you heard those words, a wave of relief filled your mind. Your plan had worked!

You thanked Phil after he told you this for rescuing Tommy, and he thanked you for snapping him out of his dark state. He mentioned to you how he's keeping your letter on him at all times, and how much he loves you.

You smiled brightly, knowing now.. he accepted your confession. In fact, it's what saved him. Your bravery saved him from losing himself. You were his hero..

Before Phil left, he hugged you tightly, and promised you'll see Tommy soon. You watched Phil fly off into the sunset, towards where Techno resided.

You decided to walk on the Prime Path back to your small home. All you could do was let the wind blow through your hair, and smile with your eyes closed.

He was safe.. He was protected.. He loved you.

You wanted to say those words in person to him, to truly convey your feelings. Soon enough, you will.

But right now, you needed some rest..

"Hey, (Y/N)."

You freeze.

The smile you wore instantly dropped, and you went cold.

You turned around instantly, growing defensive.

"What's up? You look afraid."

You were afraid.

Dream stood right in front of you, acting so.. calm and casual. That mask of his had a different vibe the more you stared into it.

You took a step back, clenching your fists.

".. What do you want?"

"What do I want? I should be asking what you want."

Dream took his hands out of his pockets, his mild sweet voice dropping.

"Let's cut to the chase already. You know where Tommy is, don't you (Y/N)?"

You tense up. You tried to lie, but your body gave it all away.

"What- are you talking about? He's in exile-"

"He escaped. And I know that you helped him."

Dream took a step closer to you.

"You can't just tell me you didn't, after you begged me for days to see him! I KNOW you, (Y/N)! You care for him more than anybody else!"

Beads of sweat dripped down your skull, chills crawling down your spine like spiders.

You tried to stand your ground.

"You never told me where he was! How would I know?! You told me he didn't want to see me!-"

"I LIED!"