twenty four

In just a couple of days, an army had already begun to form.

Tubbo and yourself have been able to arrange small meetings in hopes of gaining more people on your side. As it turned out, a good half of L'manburg agreed with your reasoning and wished to help.

Truth be told, Schlatt was mean, and it felt justified that Wilbur and Tommy won. After all, it was a combination of two teams that made Schlatt win, not on his own.

While you two were setting all this up, you did your best to try and hide from Schlatt. There was no point going back, since it was made obvious both of you rebelled. But you didn't wanna know what would happen if you were spotted.

Once the army was deemed big enough, everyone was gathered to the cave. A meeting was arranged by Techno, to which you weren't entirely sure why.

You remember entering the cave on the day of the meeting, and was immediately greeted by Tommy. He was waiting for you.

"You okay?-"

"Tommy, you ask this every time I leave the cave, yes I am ok-"

"Were you followed?"

"No, Tommy-"

Tommy squeezes you tightly for a hug, then sets you down. Grabbing your hand, he leads you over to the meeting room.

"Meeting's about to start, come on."

"You seem nervous, Tommy..-"

"Well- I guess, yeah-"

Those fucking words.

Those words Wilbur told him that fateful day.

They swim in his head, like fish in a bowl.

No matter how hard he tries to forget them, they still echo.

It's a never ending cycle.

One phrase haunts the poor boy.

"It was never meant to be."

"Tommy!"

Tommy snaps into reality, looking back at you in confusion. You point behind you.

"We passed the door."

"I- Oh.."

"Tommy, seriously, you look paranoid. Is everything okay?"

The motion of you cupping his cheeks made him flinch. He looked into your concerned eyes, a wild debate flooding his mind. Your (E/C) eyes were the only thing in color as his mind went paranoid.

[Should I..? Should I not..? What's gonna happen regarding this plan? What if Wilbur and Techno are hiding something? What if the army disbands during the fight? What if Schlatt or Dream prove to be too strong?

Oh my god, what do I tell her?!]

Tommy manages to speak, but not without a shake in his voice.