eight

Death was at stake.

It sent so many chills down your spine.

You didn't think a simple request of independence would escalate to houses potentially being burned down, and lives being threatened. Your life, and your friend's lives.

Needless to say, the powerful threat from the masked man left a bad taste in your mouth, and a sense of fear. How could a simple two dotted eyed smile send such terror into you?

It was all hitting you so suddenly, making you slightly shake as you held the side of your arm. You and the team were expecting Dream to arrive soon, to see what your decision was.

Obviously, you would never surrender.

But the fear was still there.

Something just didn't feel right to you, something told you deep down that being there wasn't safe. For anyone. But maybe that was your paranoia of what Dream and his gang could possibly do to L'manburg, and to all of you.

Should you run? Grab your friends and run before Dream gets here? What was he even gonna do- How were you supposed to fight with no gear?! We have nothing, and we'll die with noth-

"(Y/N)?"

You jolted at the sudden voice, asking your name. Turning to who it was, your expression softened at seeing Tommy. He had a look of concern, as he scanned your entire posture.

"What's wrong?"

You held your chest, feeling at least some comfort now that a friend was next to you.

"I'm.. only just now realising how bad things can go.. What if Dream hurts all of us? Destroys L'manburg, and leaves everything to burn?"

Tommy was surprised to hear this, and tries to build your confidence again.

"Wh- You shouldn't think about that! What happened to the strong woman I saw when Tubbo's house burnt down?"

"It was only in the moment! I-"

"But that strength and protective nature should still be in there, right? Come on, you shouldn't let something that hasn't happened shift your gears."

Your expression didn't change, and Tommy almost grew angry. He didn't like it when there wasn't a smile on your face.

"...Remember what you told me?"

"Huh..?"

"Don't think about them. Think about how to stay strong. Don't you remember when I said that everything will be okay?"

"I'm.. just really nervous. I'm just not prepared enough, not emotionally.."

Tommy looked away for a moment, debating what to do in his mind. Then, he takes in a breath.

Upon your surprise, he reaches his hand out to you. His expression was blank.

"Hold my hand."