twenty five

It was time to fight.

All of you marched proudly together, geared with your weapons and armor.

Just up ahead was L'manburg, and you couldn't see a different army blocking your way.

Maybe they went into hiding. Maybe they aren't prepared.

You and Tommy walked together, side by side, hand in hand. You two led your group, and while everyone else was conversing amongst themselves, you both spoke to each other.

"..This is it, Tommy."

Tommy snickers. His confidence was growing.

"Yeah, time to kick their asses!"

You laugh with a gentle smile. Your grip on his hand tightened a bit, as your smile began to crack. Tommy felt this, and turned to you with concern.

"You nervous?"

"Yeah, a little.. I know you, and everyone else, will protect me but.. I dunno, I've never been in battle like this.."

Tommy smiles warmly, raising up your hand in his for you to see.

"Remember this, (Y/N). You can always hold my hand, okay? Stand behind me if you need cover. I'll protect you."

Your eyes had gained small tears in the corners, as your smile is brought back.

"..Promise..?"

"I promise.. my little chipmunk."

The nickname caught you off guard, gaining a blush on your cheeks. But you and Tommy laugh at it soon enough, lowering your arms as you continue to walk.

Technoblade walked up behind you both, putting arms around the crooks of your necks.

"Awww look at the kids bonding, isn't that adorable? So when's the wed-"

"TECHNO I WILL LITERALLY KILL YOU WHERE YOU STAND!"

Everyone, including Techno, laughed at Tommy's flustered reaction, causing him to be more embarrassed. But he still didn't let go of your hand.

"YOU ASSWIPES! WHY ARE YOU LAUGHING?!"

"Tommy, come on now..! We have a battle to start, don't we?"

Your small giggle soothed Tommy's anger, and he sighs.

"Right. ALRIGHT BOYS, LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOOOO!"

Everyone cheered as they soon changed their pace, running into L'manburg. However, a sudden wave of arrows began firing straight at all of you. Looking up, Tommy spotted Dream and his goons being the cause of the arrows.

Just seeing that smile.. made him blood boil with anger.

Now, the battle has truly begun.

.

"(Y/N), BEHIND YOU!"