seventeen

"...Tommy?"

Wilbur turned to his right hand man, who was a little ways behind him. After collecting a few more resources for their new base, they were beginning to head back.

Tommy hadn't been the same since they were kicked out of L'manburg. It had only been about 5 hours, but it seems that Tommy was shattered to pieces.

Wilbur's own heart broke for his friend, or even little brother.

"Oh, Tommy.. I'm.. so sorry.."

Tommy looked up at Wilbur, as he finally caught up to him. His expression was that of pure heartbreak and despair. He looked on the verge of sobbing.

Wilbur opened his arms, silently asking Tommy if he needed a hug. When Tommy slowly walked closer to him, gently wrapping his arms around Wilbur, Wilbur hugged back gently.

Soon, Wilbur lifted Tommy up, deciding to carry him back to their base. As they walked, Tommy began to sniffle, slowly letting it out.

"...What Schlatt said... it.. h-haunts me.."

"What? What did he say?"

"...step away from your woman.. she doesn't need you anymore.."

Wilbur fully stopped at those words.

He took a breath.

"...I'm sure that isn't true, Tommy."

"Am I a bad guy, Wilbur..?"

Wilbur's eyes widened at this question, even panicking a bit.

"W-What?! N-No..!-"

"Then why is everyone after me..? Why can't I be happy and safe for once..? Why can't I just spend my time with h-"

Tommy stops himself, choosing to go silent. Wilbur's heart was aching at Tommy's state. The poor boy was hopelessly in love, and just wanted to be happy and unbothered. But many people kept getting in the way.

This even made him consider his own choices... Was it worth it? To crush all of it?

Wilbur hugged Tommy more, even protectively, as he fought against his mind.

"You don't deserve all the pain you're going through, Tommy.. I do believe it isn't fair. You're a child! But everyone disregards that fact for everything you do. They just- don't give a fuck."

Wilbur grinds his teeth a bit.

"It's dehumanizing. If I had a piece of my mind, I'd-"

"Wilbur.."

Wilbur's anger dropped when Tommy spoke.

"Yes?"

"...If I'm not a bad guy.. do you think (Y/N) likes me too..?"

Wilbur's heart was touched. Before he spoke, he held back a cry, containing the wholesomeness.

"She spends so much time with you, Tommy.. I can't speak for her own feelings, but.. I wouldn't be opposed to you two getting together. I think..."