thirty six

"Tommy, mate, this is Dream you're going up against-"

"Yeah, and Dream's the one who stole the one person I'd give my life for."

Tommy, with a look of absolute anger, calmly put on the cape he was gifted from Techno. He adjusted his bandana, then soon turned to the rows of chests behind him.

Phil, Techno, and Ranboo watched with concern. Phil tried to reason with his son once more.

"Tommy, Dream's still after you- this could be a trap! What if you get hurt?!-"

"I've been hurt by that BASTARD before! But this time I'm not gonna fall for his tricks."

Phil's eyes lost it's energy, slowly turning to acceptance. He turned to his eldest, and Techno sighs.

"Tommy just do us, your family, a favor."

The young blonde turned to Techno, awaiting a response.

"..Do what's right. Whatever that may be, just do it. Stay strong, keep your head up high, and show Dream what you're made of.

Get your girl back, hero."

Tommy gained a look of surprise, his eyes seeming to lose his anger for just a moment. He sighs, soon rushing to Techno for a hug. Techno didn't expect the tackle, but he soon wrapped his arms around his brother tightly.

Phil joined in the hug, his wings surrounding the boys. Ranboo, hesitantly, stood away from the hug. He was unsure if he could even join.

Tommy noticed Ranboo, and smirked.

"Come on, enderman boy. You're a friend."

Ranboo smiled with glee, and soon joined in the hug.

Soon enough, Tommy brought everything he needed, and set off with Ranboo back to L'manburg. Phil and Techno watch them, and soon whisper to one another.

"I really hope he knows what he's doing.."

"He knows, Phil. He's changed a lot ever since (Y/N) came into his life."

Reaching Tommy's little house to retrieve a few more items, he saw a chest and a sign at the front door.

Opening the chest contained one single compass.

It was labeled as: "Your (Y/N)"

Reading the sign, it stated:

"Follow the compass.
Get your girl.
Maybe even your discs.
Bring no one else."

Tommy sighs, clutching the compass in his hand, and turned to Ranboo behind him.

"Thanks for everything."

"What? What are you thanking me for..? I didn't do anything..-"

"Ranboo, you told me that Dream had taken the most important thing in my life. That's everything I could ever ask of someone."