24. Nobody Compares

Author's Note

Hello! (said in a really stuoid voice because I am a bit hyper) This was going to be a fast update but no. The Internet had to stuff up and I hardly had time to go onto my computer. Sorry for the wait but I hope you like it anyway!

Also, I need to congratulate you all. WE SURVIVED THE END OF THE WORLD! I never really believed it was going to end but anyway...

Some people on wattpad and I are writing a short Christmas special for directioners :) We'll  try and update the rest of the chapters soon since Christmas has already past haha. We would have updated earlier but then there was Christmas so we couldn't. Cause family comes before wattpad *firmly nods* 

(This chapter is dedicated to the authors of the Christmas Special. The link is in the external link on the side ----------------->)

So with that, I wish you all a great, lovely Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! (Even though it is slightly late) And I'm sorry if Santa couldn't tie One Direction to your bed. Some things aren't possible :P

HopeSilver

------------------------

Liam's POV.

I shut the door slowly, making sure the boys couldn't hear the click of it as the bus locked. I was sure that Paul or some more staff would have seen me creep out, seeming as they were hired to make sure nothing bad was going to happen to us. Seemingly, no one had come to stop me as I trudged down the path, through snow and frost. Christmas was nearing but the lads and I still had time to go on this tour - I saw it as a gift to our fans, an early Christmas present.

I shoved my hands into my pockets and my teeth started chattering. I had only had time to grab a Parker and beanie so I had forgotten about gloves or a scarf. I could endure the cold but it wasn't greatly pleasant. Because of where the tour bus had stopped now - I couldn't quite remember how south or north of Cheshire we were - it was colder here than in London. That thought spurred excitement and butterflies. How would Danielle be? And if she was fine, would she even want to see me again?

I tried to focus on something different, like how a few days ago in Cheshire Harry had gone a little hyper seeing his mother and sister. His mum had welcomed us in eagerly and given us dinner, all the time talking about how Gemma and her missed Harry. The two were stoked when they found out we would be visiting them again at Christmas and New Year's, before our World Tour kicked off.  I still remembered how Anne had pulled her brown locks into a ponytail before enveloping us all in a group hug. I was starting to miss my family a bit, even though we had visited them just before our signing in Wolverhampton. 

I arrived at the underground, wind whipping my short hair as a train whizzed past. The breeze from it tickled my neck. My eyes scanned the underground, from the family clustered on the station waiting to catch the next train to the homeless man smoking under a bench. I walked towards the ticket booth since I had left my oyster card back in London, which now, I regretted. I hardly had enough money in my jeans for a return ticket but got it anyway. There was a chance that Danielle didn't want to see me at all.

I stopped cold as I trudged over to stand by the yellow line, awaiting the next train. What would happen if I did return? Even if Dani and I happened to get back together by some miracle, Paul would make sure that I was punished. In normal situations he would probably lecture me about running off and then ruffle my hair saying I shouldn't worry since I was a good kid. Unfortunately, I was certain that I wouldn't get off that easy. Simon's words rattled in my brain, 'No running off.' I had gone and done just that, hadn't I? And if I did return without succeeding, what would I do? Would I go back into that zombie-like state? I couldn't let that happen. I should have never left the tour bus. I should still be within the stuffy, red confines of the bus...