5. More Than This

Author's Note:

Hello again! I finally updated - yay! - and just wanted to tell you all that I entered this story in the 1D awards! Please vote for me from September 1st if you like this story :D

Thanks so much,

HopeSilver

----------------------

Bronwyn's POV.

I popped a sachet of honey and cinnamon flavoured porridge in the microwave, tapping my fingers each beat of the 90 seconds. My phone started belting out Spectrum by Florence and the Machine. The boys had begged me to change it to one of their hits yet I refused. Sorry boys, but Florence all the way! I quickly swiped the melodious device out of my pocket, holding it to my ear.

"Hello?"

"HI!" Someone yelled boisterously into the phone.

"Louis!" I whined - he knew I hated it when he shouted. I sighed before asking what was up and why he had to call me so early in the morning. Last night I hadn't fallen into a slumber, instead I hid under my covers reading Harry Potter with a dim torch. My body slumped into a chair, my legs too lethargic from my lack of sleep.

"We need you to come by our house." He stated and I could visualise the corners of his mouth slowly seeping up into a smirk.

I started to drowse, pinching myself to stay awake, "Why?"

"Surprise..." His voice rang, not revealing anything.

"Fine, what time?" I asked, ladling the porridge into my mouth and scorching my tongue. I shuffled back into my room and wriggled into a pair of jeans and an cobalt batwing tee whilst balancing the phone between my shoulder and head.

“Five minutes.”

“What!” I protested. I might not be prissy but I was still a girl.

“Don’t worry,” I heard him joke on the other end of the line. “We’ll drop by instead.”

“Do you even know where my house is?”

“Nup!” I rolled my eyes. Louis may have been the eldest but he sure did not act like it.

“Puerile jerk.” I mumbled, bantering with him slightly.

“Hey!”

I gave him the directions and hung up. What he had planned I still pondered over. I gingerly lifted the curtain, peeping outside to check the weather. Typical London rain pelted down on the glass like the clouds had been slashed open and a torrent gushed from their wounds. I seized a second sweater before closing the door and locking it behind me.

I gamboled down the staircase, stumbling into a man and nippily lifting myself up, mortified. A car honked as I flung myself out of the apartment building. The boys got out and shoved me into the back seat of their blue minivan. What the hell?

"Don't be brutal, much." I muttered sarcastically.

"Good to see you too." Harry winked, sliding in next to me.

"Where are we going?"

"Nowhere," Harry grinned.

I grunted as Louis revved the vehicle.

.

"You're going too slow! The police are going to pull you over any minute!" No one seemed to be listening to my apprehensive demands. Louis lounged in the driver's seat, directing his van across the freeway at a crawl. I still couldn't figure out where they were taking me. The rain had seemed to have stopped drowning the window with ice-cold tendrils of water. But that still didn't make me happy.