34. Kiss You

Bronwyn's POV. 

It's amazing how life works. You can spend seventeen years of your life going without much drama. You can spend those seventeen years doing normal things, meeting normal people and feeling, well, normal. But then you can have one year where suddenly everything happens. It's so fast that sometimes people don't realise what they have until it's too late. Other times, people hold onto the roller coaster which Zayn likes to believe is a suitable metaphor for life. They hold onto it and embrace it, gaining the most they can from the twists and turns. In a year so much had happened to me. I lost my first boyfriend who frankly was horrible and couldn't even be defined as a boyfriend, then I met the world's most famous boy band at the point I thought everything was crumbling. I gained my first job as a journalist, developed romantic feelings for a boy who had a confusing girlfriend, experienced heartache, moved to Australia, met my real parents and discovered the reason I hadn't met them earlier, uncovering a family conflict. I met One Direction again in a complete fluke, and then suddenly I was Harry's girlfriend, back in London and spinning in a world of fame. I faced a dilemma, chose a way of dealing with it, rejected the way of dealing with it and lost my job. I lost my job but I kept Harry and my friends. That was the most important part.

It had been months since I started at Uni and the term was nearly finished. Harry was still busy with One Direction and would leave the country for the Take Me Home World Tour in a few weeks, after finishing the concerts in the UK. Amy was going strong with Niall, Zayn and Perrie were still together after a few bumps, Lou and El were still laughing at the rest of us like we were complete idiots and Liam was totally in love with Danielle, despite the conflict between their jobs. Mum had found a job as a store manager, and then became a receptionist at some fancy building and Louis the cat had made a friend with the dog next door to our new flat. Even Siobhan seemed to have a place in my life again. A few days after I started University, I saw her on the streets with a boy. She waved - surprising me since I thought she hated my guts. That's the way life is though. People can change.

Although I was busy with my studies, I applied for a junior role at MTV which after a few interviews and a surprising recommendation from Miranda, I got. Harry was over the moon when I told him - more like screamed at him since I was so ecstatic. Apparently the job had opened up when the previous worker moved to Wales.

Everything was working out well, great in fact. I couldn't have asked for anything more and was forever grateful for the gifts I had received. For the first time in months I was completely comfortable and free of drama. Unless you counted the food fight I started in the kitchen yesterday.

"Hey Brownyn," Harry mumbled, stumbling into my bedroom and flopping onto my bed as I sat at my desk, lips and eyebrows scrunched as I pondered over a word to use in my essay.

"Haz what's that word for... something that's irregular?"

"Er peculiarity? No? Ok, maybe ask Li. He's good at those sorts of things."

Liam poked his head through the door. "Did someone summon me?"

"Liam, if you start using the word summon I'm either going to assume you're Satan or a stripper."

"Why would you assume I'm a stripper?"

Harry shrugged. "I dunno. Just get that impression from the word."

"Speaking of words," I chuckled. "What's a synonym for something, like statistics, that's not normal?"

"Anomaly?"

"Brilliant. Right, that should do it. Done, finally!" I groaned, a weight lifting off my shoulders as I typed the word in.

Harry smiled and asked, "Do you want to go to the pool? Perrie's already down there with Zayn and Lou but I'm not sure what Niall's doing... I think he went over to visit Amy."