32. Live While We're Young

Bronwyn’s POV.

There’s so much to do when you don’t have to worry about a job. Well, I never truly thought of my work at Teen Now as a job. Jobs were supposed to be boring and horrible, not something you actually enjoyed doing. Though, no matter how much I did miss the articles I wrote, the friends I made and the fun atmosphere, I was glad I didn’t have to put up with the pressure that came with it.

I didn’t have to stay away from Harry.

Thinking of it like that made me sound like a clingy girlfriend. But it was true – I missed him and Teen Now was the cause of it. I turned to face Harry and clasped his hand tighter, beaming. Louis, Liam, Niall, Zayn, Amy, Harry and I were squished into the back of Paul’s van as Lou had decided it would be fun to go skiing. I hadn’t been skiing before in my life and I hadn’t ever planned to go. For some reason I was certain I would break my leg. It wasn’t difficult, knowing how clumsy I could be. Fortunately, the boys had been skiing before and were apparently good at it. Liam was a decent teacher, I had been told, and I was counting on him to preserve my life. If I happened to fall, I would be blaming him. Mean, I know, but Liam was the one who suggested it in the first place.

Paul pulled up at the base of Raise. A bus was going to arrive in ten minutes to take us up to the ski field so for now we grabbed some hot chocolates to keep our fingers warm. I planned on not moving during those ten minutes waiting. One, I wanted to be as warm as I could and I figured being huddled like a penguin, close to Harry, would allow that. Two, I couldn’t exactly move anywhere in my bulky ski jacket and trousers. Of course Harry looked great in his apparel since he didn’t have to rent a size too big.

“Mmm. Liam, they make better hot chocolates than you do!” Harry slurred, like he was drunk on the cocoa.

Liam nodded his head in agreement, chuckling. “I’ll have to find out their secret.”

The bus pulled up as we gulped down the rest of our drinks. One after the other we climbed the stairs of the bus, dragging our boots and ski equipment to the back. Louis, Haz and I shuffled into a three-seater behind a young couple. I grinned to myself as they snapped pictures of the scenery outside, peering through the windows and then twisting to kiss each other’s cheeks. They were blissfully in love – something I hoped was happening to Harry and me.

The boy leant over his seat and faced us, holding his camera. Harry and Louis embraced each other and beamed as cheesy as they possibly could. They looked adorable, like two cupcakes. I clamped my hand over my mouth to smother the laughter bubbling up inside of me.

“Ah, sorry… we were wondering if you could take a picture of us.” The girl snickered and tucked back a strand of her ginger hair.

The look on Harry and Louis’ faces were priceless. Their jaws dropped open as blood rushed to their cheeks. Harry and Louis had taken the biscuit when it came to embarrassing themselves.

Leaning my head on Haz’s shoulder, I glanced out of the bus as we continued to drive further and further up the mountain. The snow piled up as we got higher, causing me to wonder if there had been a heavy dump recently or it was just man made.

“How many times have you been skiing, Harry?”

“A few,” he mumbled, pressing his lips to the crown of my head. “What, are you scared?”

“No,” I drawled, shaking my head slowly. “Ok, yes. But wouldn’t you if you were a total klutz?”

Louis leant past Harry. “Oh you should have seen him the first time we went skiing with the band. It was hilarious! Harry had br-”