29. One Way Or Another

Author's Note

Hey everyone! Ok, so you may or may not have noticed that this story is about to meet the climax and consequently, the end. But don't worry, it's still not for a while! :D And I'm sorry that this chapter took a horrendously long time to get up AND IT'S MINUSCULE :\ I don't know, I'm just needed a bit of a break because every time I read over the start and first few chapters I think that it's horrible haha.... maybe it's just me...

Anyway, VOTE and COMMENT if you like the chapter! Do it now! (Just kidding, I don't want to sound like a dictator xD do want you want!)

HopeSilver x

Dedicated to an awesome person ;) (the next chapter will be up sooner and be much, much longer)

-----------------------------------

Harry's POV.

Why in the world did I not tell her? I could have easily told Bronwyn that I was just whispering something to Kayla and the shot was taken just before I pulled back. I could have been calm and stated it as soon as she showed me the magazine. It was easy, simple and honest. 

But I froze. 

It shocked me when I saw the article and I wasn't sure what Bronwyn was thinking. I was stunned that she actually believed the I was kissing another girl. Normally wouldn't she have laughed at it and said that it wasn't true and then wait for me to explain? Maybe, but probably not. When Bronwyn started to get upset, I didn't know what to say. I couldn't speak. In my head I was shouting at myself to tell her. But I didn't. So I guess that makes me stupid.

I started to get dressed, even though I wasn't aware of doing anything today. Shirt on, pants on, flick hair, grab something to eat, brush teeth, wash face. It was the basic procedure I went through. And strangely, I felt it was comforting. I knew what I was doing. Nothing was unexpected. I ambled out into the kitchen and grabbed my phone, deciding that I wanted to go out instead of moping around inside all day. I would probably just walk into the city rather than wait to see if Paul could arrange a ride. If I had to be honest, I really just wanted some time to myself - away from the fans, away from the paparazzi. I needed to think about what I was going to do next. Because, although Bronwyn had said not to speak to her again, I wanted to.

I had to speak to her one last time, if it had to be the last time. There was a constant nagging at the back of my brain for me to do so. I wanted to act on it, but I didn't know how. I opened the door of the flat and locked it before heading into the lift. Once I arrived on the ground floor I fled the building. 

Outside it was freezing. I had forgotten my jacket and so the small flecks of snow being raised into the air from a gust of wind whipped the skin of my arms, leaving tiny burning kisses. Somehow the sensation was comforting. It reminded me that I still was alive and breathing. I walked for a while until I reached my favourite cafe. It was small and not very well known - a bonus since one, it meant I didn't have to wait in long queues and two, most of the fans expected me to be in Starbucks, meaning I wouldn't be swarmed by teen girls. I was a regular, though I only came when I had the time. Flo was at the counter today and greeted me with a warm smile. 

"Peppermint tea? Or Yorkshire this time? We've got a special on the coffees in case you wanted one Harry."

"Ah, just the peppermint," I replied, rubbing my hands together as my breath came out in small, misty clouds. 

She smiled and tucked a strand of her auburn hair behind her ear, disappearing into the kitchen. As I waited Paki - the owner of the cafe - strolled up to the counter, grabbing something from the register. He waved his large, dark hand, acknowledging my presence. I smiled half-heartily and ducked my head back down to my shoes. Converse. I gulped as I was reminded of Bronwyn and her persistence in trying to wear the shoes with a fancy dress. 

Flo tugged me out of my thoughts as she passed me a paper cup, full of the steaming liquid which I loved. Handing her the money, I left the cafe. Stopping for a moment, I leant against the brick wall of the shop, sipping on my drink softly. The warm liquid shot up and tickled my tongue. Eventually when it was cool enough I just tipped my head back and chugged the tea down. I hastily threw it away in a bin and then continued walking, just wondering around London. I didn't have any idea of where I wanted to go, just that I wanted to go somewhere. 

And then I started to run. It was an enjoyable form of exercise for me - especially when my mind was clouded with complex thoughts. The wind flapping past me and the snow hitting my skin rinsed my brain, ridding every single thought I had of Bronwyn. All I could focus on was the thump, thump, thump of my feet and the slight burning sensation in my arms and legs. One foot in front of the other, left, right, left, right, dodge person walking on sidewalk, left, right... The buffeting wind hit my forehead, swiping off some beads of sweat. My breath was ragged and I wasn't sure whether anyone had noticed me yet - I mainly kept to the quiet streets. 

The pounding of blood - the heat coursing through my veins - kept me moving. I wasn't much of a runner, Liam was the most athletic out of all of us. I didn't mind the run though. I didn't even notice the sharp pull just below my ribcage.

I just kept going.

And going.

And going.

I wound up at the flat again. I rested in the elevator as I waited for it to get onto my level. Once the lfit had stopped, I trudged as fast as I could back to the unit. Shaking off my shoes and ripping off my sweat-sodden shirt, I collapsed on the sofa. And I stared at the ceiling and how there were slightly darker specks which formed shapes - constellations - and they told stories, but I was too tired to look at them. I turned away from the stars, turned away from the stars which reminded me so much of Bronwyn's eyes. The run had cleared my head. I knew I had to do something now - either that or give up. I didn't want to give up on Bronwyn. I would go to her apartment tomorrow and pray, just pray that she would listen.

I would do it because I truly loved her.