27. Same Mistakes

Bronwyn’s POV.

“Harry, what is this?” I flung the magazine in his face, trying to stay calm. Harry wouldn’t. He wouldn’t.

He stared at the cover; his eyebrows furrowed together as he flipped to the article and scanned it quickly, eyes darting across the page.

“Harry?”

“I-“

“What? It’s not true? I know who wrote it. Jay did. Jay, my workmate who is one of my closest friends at Teen Now. Jay wouldn’t write this if it was completely false! He wouldn’t do that because he knew how I would feel!”

“Who’s this Jay?”

“That doesn’t matter,” I snapped. “He’s gay so you don’t have to worry about me cheating on you.”

Harry reached out and grabbed my hand. “I’m sorry Bronwyn. I swear it’s not what you think it is. The media has to lie sometimes. They have to make a good story.”

“I know that Harry. I actually work for the media. But how do you explain the kiss right? I can see it right there, clear.” I yanked my arm back from Harry’s hand, immediately regretting it. Hurt flashed across his face and I could feel my own heart falter. I quickly recovered from the hurt as soon as I remembered the magazine and the picture of Harry kissing some random girl.

“Bronwyn. That was Kayla, Amy’s sister-“

“Oh, so that suddenly makes everything better,” I spat sarcastically. “‘Hi, I’m Harry Styles and since my girlfriend and I aren’t allowed to date in public and I was on tour, I thought it was a marvellous idea to kiss my friend’s sister.’”

Harry pleaded, “No Bronwyn, just listen. If I explain it everything will be fine.”

“Really? I don’t think so, but I’ll listen for a bit. Maybe you weren’t just kissing her. Maybe it was a full on snog.”

Harry sighed. It wasn’t an annoyed sigh, or a frustrated sigh or a tired sigh. It was a sigh full of sadness, one only used when Harry was feeling absolutely melancholy. It was a depressed sigh, the last ounce of hope wafting away. “Bronwyn,” he croaked. “We were on tour and Amy came down with her sister Kayla. We all went out; Louis, Liam, Niall, Zayn, Amy, Kayla and I. Kayla had been telling us about how Amy was a massive fan girl and how she was surprised Amy didn’t faint when she met Niall. I thought she was funny-"

"Oh, nice Harry. Just because she was funny suddenly everything is fine. Perfect, actually. Hasn't anyone ever told you not to compliment other girls in front of your girlfriend?"

"No, wait. Stop. Just... Bronwyn. Just listen, alright? We just talked! That's it! Only that!"

I bit my lip to stop the tears that were falling into my eyes. "Um... fine. Just... j-just don't talk to me anymore. I... I just want- I don't... I can't... erm, just let it..." I sighed, snatching a shaky breath. "What does this picture mean then?"

Harry jumped back, stunned by my lash towards him. He was silent.

I knew it.

knew it.

Stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid.

Unfortunately this time I couldn't prevent the tears from spilling from my eye. I squeezed my eyelids closed and spun away from Harry, not wanting him to see my watery, hazel irises. I think Harry said something but I ignored it, blocking out everything but my thoughts. He placed a hand on my shoulder sending little bolts of electricity through my veins, but I shrugged him off, turning to him a final time.