14. One Thing

Bronwyn's POV.

"Bronwyn?" Sarah gasped, glancing at my face, her eyes flickering over me erratically. I stood there awkwardly for a second before I was crushed by Sarah's hug. I wrapped my arms around her, holding on tightly as if it was my life. Tears ran down my cheeks but I hadn't noticed them until Sarah pointed it out. 

"Why didn't you answer my calls?" I whispered.

Sarah looked puzzled and then anger covered her face. "Hana." She muttered. "I'm sorry Bronwyn, but I had been trying to call you as well. Something must have been up with connection."

"Or my mother."

"True."

I sighed and followed Sarah into her apartment, sitting down on the couch as she prepared tea for Harry and I. I grabbed the cup and brought it to my lips, my body warming as the boiling hot liquid touched my skin. I took a sip before rambling on about my life in Australia and how Harry had found me again and then how my mother had cheated on my dad. Sarah was gripping the armchair so hard that I thought she may break it. Harry sat there the whole time, nodding as he listened to my story, a smile brought to his lips when I briefly talked about how I found him. Harry occasionally glanced over at Sarah and when she met his gaze she had a blank stare, as if she wasn't sure what to think.

Harry quickly got up and asked where the bathroom was, Sarah pointing out the directions. As soon as he left the room she started speaking. "Honey, are you sure about him. I mean, he hurt you last time and he's famous. Everything about you will be publicised."

"I know, but I think... I think I-" I was cut off as Harry came back. He grinned sheepishly, a slight red tinge brought to his cheeks as he realised that he interrupted something.

"I can go if you want..."

"No it's fine." I smiled, beckoning him with my finger. He sat down and I snuggled up to him. "We were just talking about how awesome you are."

"I know, you can't resist my sexiness." He teased, poking my sides.

"Yeah, yeah. Keep telling yourself that."

"Do you two want some lunch, I was only expecting to have one person but I'm sure there's enough."

"Sure, I'm starving. The food on the plane is ok, but... it's not great."

Sarah chuckled, "I know what you mean." She got up and went into the kitchen, rummaging through her pantry. I smiled and glanced up at Harry.

"Thanks Harry, you don't know how much it means to me for you to bring me here."

"It's fine."

We leant in to kiss but Sarah - on purpose - walked in with a potato salad, some chicken and bread, causing us to break apart.

"I know you're so glad to be together again but please don't make-out on the couch. I need to keep it sanitary."

"Sarah!"

"Yes Bronwyn, I know you're very honoured to be in my presence again."

"I missed you."

"Me too."

.

Harry's POV.

It had been two days since we had gotten back to London, and it was Bronwyn's birthday. She hadn't really told me what date it was in the past but luckily I had Sarah to notify me. It would have been horrible if I forgot. It was six thirty so I was assured that Bronwyn wouldn't be up yet. She was as much of a morning person as Zayn was.