8. I Should've Kissed You

Author’s Note

Hi guys,

Long time, no see - sorry :D So this chapter is kind sad but don’t give up on me! :D Please remember to leave your comments, vote and check out my other works. Also, the 1DAwards are coming up so please vote for this story if you like it :D Also, OriginalDiva has nominated me for the 1DWatty - here is the link :) http://www.wattpad.com/user/1DWatty this is for both my one shots and this story! Thanks Serena!

If you want, some great songs to listen to whilst reading are: She Will Be Loved, Mr Brightside, Battle Scars and, of course, I Should’ve Kissed You.

Thanks ;)

HopeSilver

------------------------------------------

Bronwyn’s POV.

I crawled out of bed, shuffling around my room whilst I picked up my clothes and put them in the drier. It was the middle of August, during the school term and I was glad for the long weekend. I had many assessments to work on as it was my senior year and I was preparing for the HSC. Whilst yawning, I strolled into the dining room of my large, three storey house and plonked down at the table, carrying my laptop and workbooks. I turned on the radio adjacent to me and bent down to scrawl some more notes. Some tunes blared out of the machine as I attempted to work on my assessments, failing as I was still tired from the early hours in the morning.

Suddenly a familiar bop resonated and a flattering voice sung, “I keep playing it inside my head, all that you said to me. I lie awake just to convince myself-”

I slammed my fist on the radio, smashing it with my bear hands, lifting it up and throwing it down on the table as my eyes watered, the teardrops threatening to spill over. I kept destroying it until it was a mangled piece of metal. I placed the radio down, letting the tears run and sobs shake my torso. I was overreacting, I knew, but it still hurt so much. I felt a pair of warm arms embrace me and turned to face my mother, wrapped in a fluffy rose dressing gown.

“You ok sweetie?”

I nodded. My mother’s young face crinkled near the eyes as she smiled back at me, making her look as old as she should be. I had stayed with my birthparents for a few months now, getting to know them and adjusting to life in Australia. My parent’s names were Hana and Joshua Warner, yet I refused to change my surname. Being a Taylor was something I wasn’t ready to give up yet.

We lived in Melbourne, near the city in a large Victorian-styled home. I was still getting used to the warmer weather, different accents and strange terms such as, “Another shake of the sauce bottle.” What the heck was that meant to mean? I also had to adjust to the unfamiliar school structure and terms. Fitting in was fine, I mean lots of girls were friendly but in the back of my mind I wondered if they were only interested in me because I was British. I wonder if they knew about my time with One Direction…

I snapped out of that thought. I had sworn on my grandmother’s pearl earrings that I wouldn’t mention them again. They were out of my life now. I was a different person.

The hardest adjustment of all was my family. I missed Sarah and her quirky yet bubbly personality. I loved London and Melbourne was just too unfamiliar for my liking. Why did my parents have to be on the other side of the world? And that just brought my contemplating to the reason my parents hadn’t shown up until now, seventeen years into my hectic life. Hana and Josh were apparently very young when I was born and they weren’t ready to look after a child. Sarah was a few years older and always complaining about wanting to start a family. So, as an extremely early Christmas present, they gave her me.