28. Torn

Author's Note

I love the reaction I got from you guys hehe... I won't say anything much since I know I've kept you waiting. Thanks again for how many reads, votes and comments I Want has gotten! :3 Continue to VOTE or COMMENT if you like the chapter!

HopeSilver xx

---------------------------------------------

Harry's POV.

"Bronwyn!" I shouted, running after her. I had stood still for a few seconds before everything registered - the fight, the tears, the pleading - and then bolted down the stairs, chasing Bronwyn.

I couldn't believe it.

couldn't believe it.

Bronwyn probably hated me. No, she didn't probably hate me, she definitely hated me. I should have... I should... I gulped down the sobs that were crawling up my throat. I had to keep running. I couldn't get distracted by my emotions. I just had to stop Bronwyn at all costs. I couldn't let her go... especially when I was just about to tell her how much I loved her.

I finally reached the ground floor. I didn't bother to conceal my appearance considering there was a large crowd of people waiting by the reception. I didn't consider the consequences that I would face if someone had seen the argument. I just had to find Bronwyn. I needed her. The cold air slammed into me as I rushed out of the building. Snow was drifting down lightly, causing me to want to stop and spin around in the flakes like I had when I was younger. But the idea immediately left my mind as I remembered. Bronwyn was more important than reliving my past. 

My green irises scanned the streets, trying to determine where Bronwyn had gone. It was no use. Every time I turned, I was wasting more time and I couldn't work out where she had fled any more than I could two minutes ago. It was a futile attempt to find her. I wouldn't find Bronwyn. I wouldn't. 

Stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid. 

I started trudging forward, not caring where I was going. My feet seemed to move on their own, left, right, left, right, left, right. I kicked up some snow under my shoe and watched the tiny particles disappear. That was when I found her jacket. A few metres ahead was Bronwyn's jacket, spread on the ground carelessly, as if she had just let it fall, watching it with zombie-like eyes. The jacket was still warm but covered in snowflakes which were gradually melting. The back of my eyes stung as I lifted up the last thing I had left of Bronwyn's. I crashed to the ground, sinking towards it, bending my knees under me. I stared at the item in my hand. I hugged it. I breathed in her scent - a floral kind of smell with a bit of vanilla and chocolate mixed in. 

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

I had let her go.

A single tear rolled from my eye before I placed my head in my hands. I couldn't think of anything better than to sing in that moment. It was the only thing that could comfort me.

"Nothing's fine, I'm torn..."

.

Bronwyn's POV.

When I woke up, I didn't feel anything. I don't mean that I couldn't feel my body. No, I was completely aware of how my back ached on the stupid sofa. I meant that I couldn't feel any emotion. I didn't have to strain my brain to remember why I was sleeping in Danielle's lounge and not back at my flat with Sarah and mum. As soon as I roused I remembered the event that had happened last night. I remembered it exactly and no matter how much I tried, I couldn't stop remembering it. The fight was the only thing I could think about. The words I shouted, the hurt flashing on Harry's face, the horrible picture that made my stomach drop. I could remember it all crystal clear, each single component of the fight etched into my brain.